Cannot change email address on my Xbox Live profile. Very frustrated!

Marc Hufnagel

Ok I've been trying to change the email address on my xbox live profile/microsoft account for quite a while now - upwards of a month.

I've tried changing it to outlook.com emails that are not connected to a profile, even tried @yahoo.com emails, all are met with the same 'cannot be changed - go to xbox.com/accountswap' I've tried doing it on a 360 under account management, tried doing it on a windows pc by adding the email as a secondary.

If I try it on a windows pc and try to add the email I either get 'email address already taken' (they are not attached to a profile) or 'addres swaps are limited try again later' and 'later' has been trried by waiting up to two weeks.

It's like everything is blocking me from replacing the email on the profile. I've watched 25 or more videos on youtube about changing it, online searches bring me the things I've already tried. I cannot get a callback due to the pandemic message....

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm getting very frustrated with what should be a simple thing.

Back