Can't join / add friends or sign into Xbox website

Kai1212

I just got Halo MCC on Steam (I don't own an XBox) and want to join my friend who plays on Xbox, cross platform. I've linked my Steam account.

I've gotten the Xbox windows app and tried to friend him but it says I can't because of my privacy settings. I've tried logging into the Xbox website to change my privacy settings but the Sign In button is just acting like text and I can't actually press it. I've cleared my cache, using different browsers, nothing worked.

I got the XBox app family app for my phone to try to gain permission to join friends. I'm 17 years old and I think XBox considers that to be a child. The app said I couldn't be a child of my parents email because my Microsoft account already exists. This is what I was most confused by.

Again my main objective is to simply join my friend so we can play MCC together. I'm on desktop/Steam hes on Xbox. I've tried a load of different things over the last 3 hours but nothing is seeming to make any progress.

NOTE: I can't add or follow any other users on the Xbox app. I can chat but he says hes not receiving any of the messages.

Last edited:
Back