Xbox One Capcom launching nation wide Dead Rising 3 zombie race

Claptrap

Have you ever wanted to be chased by zombies? Don't lie to me. I bet all you sons of guns have sat around dreaming up silly, foolproof zombie escape plans that would liven up your meager existence. Well, Capcom, teaming up with Run For Your Lives, has delivered something close. It's certainly survival of the fittest.

Run For Your Lives is a 5k obstacle course race wherein you can sign up as a plain racer or as a zombie. Racers are released in waves. Zombies eat slower racers and turn them into zombies. All the rest of the races this year come in partnership with Capcom and Dead Rising 3. I wonder if they'll just loop The Cranberries' "Zombie" throughout the event. Now it's stuck in your heeead, too.

There's also a party at the end of it with drinks, food, and Dead Rising 3 stuff. Registering for the race will cost you, but you can be a spectator for the event -- and attend the party -- for free. I haven't been ri-singing Capcom's praises this generation, but if there's one thing it knows how to do, it's throw strange events, like the Resident Evil 6 butchery that was selling "human" meat.

If baby you were born to run, check the event dates and locations here.

Source: Capcom launching nation wide Dead Rising 3 zombie race - Destructoid

They are really trying to market their games, ain't they? I think Dead Rising is already a series pretty famous for it's name, they really didn't need to push it even more. And one thing is certain, people are getting tired of the Zombie troupe.

They are really trying to market their games, ain't they? I think Dead Rising is already a series pretty famous for it's name, they really didn't need to push it even more. And one thing is certain, people are getting tired of the Zombie troupe.

That's what you call an unique marketing tactics. I hope that game doesn't turn out to be vapid. Dying Light looks much better to me.

It sounds and looks like fun, besides which this is more for folks who don't or frequent sites like this. You know... regular people with disposable cash. People who don't often buy video games and who are obsessed with the Walking Dead (a show I honestly couldn't care less about). So yeah, because video games are a business dude.

Looks interesting by the sounds of it. It's a clever way of advertising the game. I've really enjoyed playing the previous Dead Rising games, nothing better than killing zombies with unique weapons. Hopefully Dead Rising 3 will be an even better game.

I love how they can convince a hoard of zombies to rise up and race, but they can't seem to slap together enough support and time to actually create Megaman Legends 3. Use Kickstarter or something, sheesh! Stupid game company getting my hopes up with their sexy.... whatever.. Yay, zombies!

I love how they can convince a hoard of zombies to rise up and race, but they can't seem to slap together enough support and time to actually create Megaman Legends 3. Use Kickstarter or something, sheesh! Stupid game company getting my hopes up with their sexy.... whatever.. Yay, zombies!

You worry me... mostly because I find your brand of madness to be quite attractive. Also I may be heavily intoxicated right now on account of that's how I treat my colds - vodka is the cure! I mean how else through Russians survive such an inhospitable land of frost and bullets? Exactly. I think I love whoever created automatic spellcheck... seriously.

Back