Xbox 360 Cleaning Scratched Games

These are all great ideas. I'm going to have to use a few of them, because despite keeping the games in sleeves, a few have still gotten scratched in moves or when they fell out of the sleeves.

Scratches are bound to happen on any disk. I know some CD players (never had this issue with Xbox) scratch disks.
My mom had a cd player in her car that any disk that it played would scratch. I don't know why. We never found out. It sucked though.

I get a piece of clean cloth, lick the tip of it, and wipe it on the scratched surface. For better results, I brush my teeth first before licking the cloth. I used a disc cleaner before too. Turns out that both methods are just the same when it comes to effectiveness.

This may help clean the disk, but from personal experience, it never does anything for the scratches. When I say scratched, I mean many little and maybe some bigger ones.
Disc cleaning KITS are my favorite. The ones meant for scratch repair. "Disk Cleaner" is usually just a spray or liquid like you'd use for glasses.

I accidentally tipped my Xbox while I was playing a game. It didn't tip all the way until it fell over since I caught it in time. However, the disc had scratches along the outer edge of the disc. This made the game unplayable. I tried all sorts of cleaning methods ranging from toothpaste to peanut butter. I ended up going to GameStop and trading it in for another disc for an extra fee.

Back