Xbox One CoachGlass for Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
The CoachGlass app, which is exclusive to the Xbox One version of Madden 25, essentially allows its user to act as a defensive coordinator — and it gives that person strategic data that's similar to the information a real defensive coordinator would have. It offers three different levels of interaction and two ways to play. CoachGlass is tied directly to the game of Madden 25 that you're playing, and augments the data set from that single game with data aggregated from tens of thousands of games of Madden that have been played online.
[video=youtube_share;cvIEmg5hFX4]http://youtu.be/cvIEmg5hFX4[/video]​
The app takes effect as soon as your opponent calls an offensive play. At its most basic level, the app will analyze the offense's personnel group for that play — how many running backs, wide receivers and tight ends are on the field — and suggest three defensive plays to you based on what Madden users have been calling against that formation. You tap on the screen to select the play, and the game on your Xbox One recognizes the play call instantly. If you want to go deeper, you can have the app suggest plays based on your opponent's tendencies. You'll always be able to see a percentage breakdown of how often they're running the ball versus passing, and then choose to defend the run or the pass. CoachGlass also displays a visual breakdown of where your opponent is going with the ball (running to the left, middle or right; making short, middle or deep throws to the left, middle or right).

Well prior to this news, I had not been very excited about next gen versions of Madden 25 since it seemed they were little more than re-hatched versions of the current gen game, but this has piqued my interest. This sort of strategic enhancement and control is very nice change of pace and a welcomed addition. I think it would also be pretty col to play a game online and have a buddy sitting next to me play defensive coordinator. I still don't think I will pick it up at launch, but it's on my radar now.

via Polygon

Back