Xbox One COD Ghosts will cost $10 on the Xbox One/PS4 if you buy it on the 360/PS3

Medza

This will work in other parts of the world, but annoyingly they haven't converted the currency and they think that $10 is the same as £10 and €10. But still it's good that it's out there, for the fans of the franchise. I personally won't be buying COD Ghosts at all, but I would like to see a similar system implemented with other games.

Source : Upgrade Call of Duty: Ghosts From PS3 to PS4 For A Tenner - IGN

That is something that always bothered me. When a new console price is announced, a price cut or a bundle of some sort, the price is exactly the same, without taking in for account that Europeans pay a lot more than Americans. That is why i import everything, it's a lot cheaper!

I have my PC version pre-ordered. So, it's irrelevant for me. However, I know a lot of people would be happy. Now they can get their hands on this game right away and buy the next gen version when it comes out for really cheap without losing any progress.

The 1:1 conversion for prices is ridiculous, but hardly surprising. It's done for most consoles and games currently. It's awful, but it's not something new.

Regardless, it's nice to see Activision doing something nice for one. The end of the world might be upon us.

Are you serious? They've told us that we don't have to re-purchase the game! This is a complete outrage, I've already pre-ordered!

This was a ****ing set-up, I fully remember them saying that if you purchase ghosts on the 360, you won't have to re-play and re-buy the game on the One.

stifle - It's Activision what do you expect? Just let them pretend to be decent and hope for a MS-inspired 180. Or pull a Vendetta and go blast the headquarters to kingdom come... which ever makes you happier. Although I am legally required to inform you that the first option is the one least likely to get you labeled a terrorist.

Ill be getting it for the 360 then do the $10 deal trade in. They announced double xp for launch weekend
so lets just hope that things go smooth. (we know they never do launch week)

All I can say is that it's better than buying the game at $60. I know companies love to make money on the smallest things, but we just have to do what they say. I'm only going to be buying the game on one certain console so I don't have to worry about this.

Wow that's a great? deal considering the fact if some knew there going to pay like around $70 for the game why buy it only once.

That's a pretty crappy deal for anyone outside of America. I don't know why they keep with the 10 theme. I haven't imported because I'm worried about compatibility, but I do get gift cards online to feed my gaming addiction. I buy them for less to save money.

All I can say is that it's better than buying the game at $60. I know companies love to make money on the smallest things, but we just have to do what they say. I'm only going to be buying the game on one certain console so I don't have to worry about this.

Exactly!I am waiting for everything to be on the Xbox One.

I luckily only put 5$ down on the xbox one version and then went and spent 60$ for the 360 version i also got to keep my 5$ down on the xbox one version so when it comes out for the one all i have to do it pay the extra 5$, i LOVE this deal personally because my stats will transfer over so thats good and i get to play it in 2 weeks? heck yeah

I did the same thing....buying for 360 then trading it in for the 1. I know it's only a couple weeks but by then I'll have a slight advantage.

Had to do some research on this subject because the first article and what you've all been saying have been very vague. Just so everyone is clear, you can purchase Ghosts on the 360 EARLIER then when it comes out for the ONE, but in no way are you making any kind of profit. You're still generally paying the same amount. There's specific rules you have to follow when it comes to trading it in and getting the $10 upgrade, so don't think you can buy the 360 version, trade it in for some store credit, and then keep that while only paying $10 to get the next-gen version. If you're all aware of that, then don't bother minding this post. Just thought I'd point it out for anyone else who was a little confused.

Would post the links, but can't do so until I have 25 posts.

Back