Xbox One Dead Rising 3: Game world larger than first two combined

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Capcom announced that the world in Dead Rising 3 will be larger than the worlds in both Dead Rising 1 and 2 combined. They also announced that Dead Rising 3 won't have any load screens between areas either. I'm looking forward playing some multiplayer once this comes out, and I totally appreciate large worlds that don't constrict you like Arkham City, Elder Scrolls, etc.

"We wanted to go truly open-world this time around. No more load screens," executive producer Josh Bridge said. "With the biggest world that we've been able to make, with loads of zombies."

Via Gamespot

Capcom announced that the world in Dead Rising 3 will be larger than the worlds in both Dead Rising 1 and 2 combined. They also announced that Dead Rising 3 won't have any load screens between areas either. I'm looking forward playing some multiplayer once this comes out, and I totally appreciate large worlds that don't constrict you like Arkham City, Elder Scrolls, etc.

Via Gamespot

Here's a visual aide:

dr3.jpg

The first two games were story driven games with really small worlds. So, it's a no surprise that the game world will be bigger than the first two combined. Still good to know though.

This all sounds very delicious. Dead Rising 2 seemed like a big game I can only imagine the vastness of 3. DR3 is also less confined. It seems you have the whole city to screw around in and no loading screens seems like an impossible feat considering the amount of detail and zombies on screen. Can't wait, I have high hopes.

Reading this makes me even more pumped to play it. I loved playing the first two games, but having a bigger map to play on sounds so awesome. Bigger map means more zombies, more zombies means more fun. I'm so glad that they removed the load screens, they get so annoying at times.

Can we stop talking about SIZE of the map in games already? Let's start talking about the QUALITY instead. Kinda burned out on huge maps that have nothing going on like Oblivion's... I hope this has the same quality of previous Dead Rising maps.

Can we stop talking about SIZE of the map in games already? Let's start talking about the QUALITY instead. Kinda burned out on huge maps that have nothing going on like Oblivion's...

Well Oblivion had a fair amount of scattered dungeons, albeit not like Skyrim. I think we can be a little more at ease with a game like DR3 due to its nature. I think GTA5 will have tons to day and still manage to be massive.

Thank god they removed the loading screen.that was one of my pet peeve among other thing. With plenty of games in my list this year, this is not my first choice for sure but still,I planned to check it out. The big map is nice but I also hope it won't be just bigger area but there's not much action going on there.

Thank god they removed the loading screen.that was one of my pet peeve among other thing. With plenty of games in my list this year, this is not my first choice for sure but still,I planned to check it out. The big map is nice but I also hope it won't be just bigger area but there's not much action going on there.

Agreed, it needs to be more than a novelty selling point, there needs to be content in those large areas. But you know what, the first two Dead Rising games were amazing for me, so I expect the game map in this one to be fully utilized. Here's to hoping for just as many new and crazy weapon combinations, too.

A larger map is going to be great! I like that they focused on giving us more playing room, rather than just concentrating on improving characters or weapons, like most new game versions do.

I don't care about size of map - I care about what is awesome about the map. It's the difference between the emptiness of Silent Hill 2, and the depth of say Bioshock's Rapture. I want a fully realized world with depth and interest - give me Dishonoured's city over Fallout 3 (and I say that having loved Fallout 3).

This game could be a long-time play for me if it's that large and no time limit on the story mode.

Is it confirmed that there won't be a time limit on story mode? If so, that's awesome. The time limit on the last two games kind of made it so that players never actually explored the game world all that much.

This game could be a long-time play for me if it's that large and no time limit on the story mode.

Yeah, I actually played Dead Rising 2 on my PC, but to be honest, I didn't like it all that much as they took away all the control from us. I just hope that they give us more freedom to do things this time around.

This thread makes me kinda sad because people keep complaining about the time limit. The time limit is the best part. At least they didn't completely take it away. It adds challenge to the game, you need to properly manage time. Eventually, it gets to the point where you have more than enough time to complete all the missions and explore the entire map and mess around.

But it's OK I guess, they made it optional but didn't remove it... still, kinda feels like they're dumbing down the game.

That is actually great news to hear. The first two Dead risings did not have a very big world. I am most concerned about the plot of this upcoming Dead Rising. I wish I could play it already.

Back