Xbox One Dead Rising 3 gets 13 GB patch ahead of first DLC expansion

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Dead Rising 3's latest patch clocks in at 13 GB, according to an Xbox Wire interview with the game's executive producer, Josh Bridge. For comparison's sake, that's 56 percent of the full size of Dead Rising 3 if you were to download it from the Xbox Games Store.

The patch is a mandatory title update, which means that the only way to avoid downloading it is to never play Dead Rising 3 with an internet-connected Xbox One. Anybody who does that will miss out on the game's four planned downloadable expansions, the first of which, Operation Broken Eagle, will be released tomorrow, Jan. 21. It was previously scheduled to be available Dec. 24.

For the list of fixes check out the full article here.

Wow. That's a big boy! Considering the already limited storage on these next gen consoles, such patches only add to inevitability of needing external storage on the Xbox One. Making this patch mandatory may only add to people's frustrations with MSFT's decision to not allow the HDD to be upgradeable.

Wow, 13gb... that's as big as The Witcher 1 on PC, for example. I hope it isn't a waste of space.

Holy smokes... 13GB patch?! Yowza. That's kinda big. It's even bigger if you downloaded it. So 19 + 13 = 32GB?! wow, that's big, way big. Looks like patching future will have bigger sizes.

Very huge 13GB. And that's a patch? Man, that's the size of Saints Row IV already on Steam. Well, looks like we're about to see what patching future is going to be like., I just hope the patches don't reach beyond that. I'd hate to download a 40GB patch for a game I could download like Saints Row IV.

A ginormous patch. I hope it's worth for whatever it fixes. Good thing I don't have Dead Rising 3 so that I don't have to get the patch. Let's hope this doesn't become a norm for future games or it's going to be problematic for my slow internet.

A ginormous patch. I hope it's worth for whatever it fixes. Good thing I don't have Dead Rising 3 so that I don't have to get the patch. Let's hope this doesn't become a norm for future games or it's going to be problematic for my slow internet.

Exactly. Yikes that's still going to be big. What sucks even more is that if I do ever get Dead Rising 3, I have to download that BEFORE I play the game. Man, I really hope it doesn't be a norm but then, it might be.

Wow. That's a big boy! Considering the already limited storage on these next gen consoles, such patches only add to inevitability of needing external storage on the Xbox One. Making this patch mandatory may only add to people's frustrations with MSFT's decision to not allow the HDD to be upgradeable.

Yeah, you said it. For a patch that's quite huge. I hope there are new weapons and vehicles on this new patch.

It is a crazy size for a patch but it could be worse i guess, at least its not actually taking up the original install size plus 13gb on the hdd.

That is huge. I've never seen a patch that big before and looking at the list of things, I'm really surprised at how much needed to be addressed. Although it makes a pet peeve of mine even more clear, the fact that we've become a culture where this is okay. Where games are released when the developers know they have issues, but it's okay because it'll be patched later on. I hate that, but I understand it's the times.

Back