Xbox One Dead Rising 3's "fully unconstrained world" only possible on Xbox One

SiNAR 212

N3RDC0RE
From
MI
Now this is good news. I bet the cloud had ALOT of help in this and it goes to show that other developers will FOR SURE take it to good use

The short version is this: it's both huge and handsome, much like Aisha Tyler. With Xbox One's mighty RAM allowance to lean on, Capcom Vancouver has engineered a much larger world that's nonetheless "denser" than those of prior Dead Risings. "We're really proud of how it's come together, and how much density we've been able to keep on the screen - number of zombies, number of items, number of physics objects - and still make the game look this pretty."

Via: News: Dead Rising 3's "fully unconstrained world" only possible on Xbox One - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

But what does it mean? Does the world keeps expending like some sort of Minecraft or something? Because if they ever release Dead Rising 3 as a multiplat game at the end of the road, i think that will just hurt the credibility of Microsoft's claims for this type of stuff.

But what does it mean? Does the world keeps expending like some sort of Minecraft or something? Because if they ever release Dead Rising 3 as a multiplat game at the end of the road, i think that will just hurt the credibility of Microsoft's claims for this type of stuff.

Im sure they will cross that bridge when it OR if it happens. By then it may be like the whole Skyrim thing, better on 360 then the PS3.

Every time they showcase some footage, the gameplay looks improved. Am I the only one who feels that way?

It doesn't keep expanding - it just means they have something larger than the Mall(s) of the past, but that you don't have to worry about wandering through an empty pre-rendered wasteland. At least it's supposed to - that said time will tell.

From what I have read this is the example used in one article by the makers. Say you take a car and you crash it on one side of the map. You then decide to go to the other side of the map and a few days later return to the area you crashed your car. Well in past the map is refreshed to new. Now with the technology given to them that crashed car will still be in that location you left it. So in short you basically are creating your own map based on your actions. Hope that kind of gives you an idea of what their trying to do.

I think it's mostly hyperbole. I mean, no one believes that this game can only run on XBO, they just don't. And as broke as Capcom is right now, I fully expect to see this game on PS4 after a while.

I think it's mostly hyperbole. I mean, no one believes that this game can only run on XBO, they just don't. And as broke as Capcom is right now, I fully expect to see this game on PS4 after a while.

First and foremost, they are not broke and secondly, it's not going to come to PS4 since it's one of the first Xbox One exclusives.

There's that little thing about Microsoft helping them fund the game and putting their name on the box alongside Capcom that tells me that isn't happening. Maybe DR4, but not DR3.

That's interesting and very much is good news. I feel like this game has incredible potential due to the cloud. I'd love to get hands on to see just how grand things are. I'm willing to bet that they're exaggerating with the whole "this can ONLY be done of Xbox" but this is definitely a game that's made for Microsoft's hardware.

Every time they showcase some footage, the gameplay looks improved. Am I the only one who feels that way?
I hope so; my main complaint with the DR games is that they're very stiff, and not in a good way like the old RE games.

Anyway, this can only be a good thing, as they're focusing on one of the stronger points of DR.

I hope so; my main complaint with the DR games is that they're very stiff, and not in a good way like the old RE games.

Anyway, this can only be a good thing, as they're focusing on one of the stronger points of DR.

Yeah, I love the open world part of it. It's about time we had an open world zombie game.

Yeah, I love the open world part of it. It's about time we had an open world zombie game.
Agreed. There's Dead Island, but it isn't quite so good for a Diablo-style first person game. If Dead Rising had better gameplay and more openness, it would be great.

The concept is interesting, at the very least. I didn't get the impression they were trying to make it expand and expand endlessly, rather just improve on the possibilities that are there. Of course it is a little early to tell.

Agreed. There's Dead Island, but it isn't quite so good for a Diablo-style first person game. If Dead Rising had better gameplay and more openness, it would be great.

Another game I am looking forward to is Dying Light. Doesn't that game look awesome? One of the best upcoming zombie games in my opinion.

From what I have read this is the example used in one article by the makers. Say you take a car and you crash it on one side of the map. You then decide to go to the other side of the map and a few days later return to the area you crashed your car. Well in past the map is refreshed to new. Now with the technology given to them that crashed car will still be in that location you left it. So in short you basically are creating your own map based on your actions. Hope that kind of gives you an idea of what their trying to do.

...That - is not good. I mean like if I turn on my 360 and pop in my Fallout 3 I can blow things up, murder folks, and several other things that won't just vanish after I've left. What I mean is that we have current gen games that are capable of persistent environmental changes so I don't know why this is impressive. Probably they just aren't explaining it very well.

An open world zombie game where the things you leave behind actually stay put? Yes, yes please. Now to zombie walk my way to Popeyes and get some fried chicken before all the good brains are gone.

Back