Xbox One Dear Kinect Users,

pojokers

Is the Kinect something you use regularly or is it just something nice to have when the time arises? I feel like my Xbox 360 career was a very solid one I don't think having Kinect functions could have made it much better. With every Xbox One shipping with Kinect, it seems like Microsoft is doing everyone a great service but the price point of $500 over the PS4's $300 makes me wonder if it's worth $100. I have only used the Kinect once and I have to say it's fun but not the greatest piece of hardware.

Can anyone enlighten me on the advantages of the Kinect and explain why it's worth $100?

go to a pawn shop or ebay you can get a kinect for 40bux all day long.

i dont have one but have debated getting one.

if you use netflix,prime,hulu you can do hand gestures and such to watch move thru cataloges and such. how it plays as a working controler i am unaware and cant chime in.

I assume you dont have kids, they love it. For me I've used it for some of the more recent games with voice commands like mass effect 3 and skyrim and thought it was fun saying the dialog instead of choosing it and giving orders to squad members. Also the exercise games are great.

For the One I am for the kinect being included. To keep the explanation short, if you were a game developer would you rather release for add-on that is owned by 10-20% or 100% owned. 100% should mean more and better releases me thinks.

I think its a addon which people hardly use my friend used his 5 times in like 4 months seriously its like the wii you play a little then just stop all together.

Wait, is the old kinect usable for the Xbox One? I thought that that it would only be usable with the new fancy one, because they upgraded it and stuff. If you don't need to upgrade it, what is the point of getting a new one then? Can you even use two Kinects at the same time? That is a lot of... kinectic force!

I had a Kinect once. I liked the Suda51 XBLA game, Demon Pitch or something, but not even Suda51 made me want to keep that thing. I eventually sold it because I never used it at all...

I think Kinect is really something that the kids will more than likely use more than the average gamer. I for one don't have one and don't plan on getting one. However, I do know quite a few people who have one and although they hardly ever use it, they all say that their kids really enjoy it. I'm hoping though that the new Kinect with Xbox One will be more useful to me, as it appears that it will be major part of the system.

I use the kinect only for exercise games and for controlling things like netflix. The latter comes in very handy when the kids want to watch netflix...they can use their voice or hands, and not mess up my controllers.

As always, the benefits are relative, what one person sees as a benefit might never occur to a different person. I personally think that the kinect is a waste of money and Microsoft is essentially bullying us into buying something that we don't want here. I know a lot of families with younger children that enjoy the kinect and it is pretty good for parties as an ice breaker. But but someone that is mainly a solitary gamer, the kinect is a bit of a waste of money.

It honestly was a fun novelty until the newness of Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures wore off. Many of the games are glitchy and there are not many to choose from to begin with. Currently it's only used as a microphone for live.

I have one - and it was basically a rather worthless investment. The voice commands aren't very tight or focused, the controls tend to slip rather badly, there wasn't much in terms of games, and over all it just wasn't useful. I will say some of the best games for it were kid targeted, but I'm not a child and I don't have children... so yeah.

Back