Original Xbox Did you have problems with the original Xbox?

Dr23

I bought the Xbox back when it first came out. The system was pretty amazing as it was a huge leap forward compared to the N64. However, after maybe a year the console started acting up. The console would literally destroy and disc you inserted in the drive by creating huge scratches and grooves into any game or DVD.

Did any of you have a similar problem? It actually turned me off of Microsoft for a long time due to how angry I was about my games being essentially destroyed randomly with no warning.

Mine worked perfect the entire time I had it.

It actually wasn't until I got my first Xbox 360 that I encountered problems. I don't think I ever had disc-reading errors, either. My 360 elite had issues from the minute it came out of the box. Thinking back, I should have exchanged it, but I don't think I had the receipt anyway.

I didn't have any issues with the original Xbox that weren't my own fault. The 360 is a different story; never have I experienced such a faulty piece of hardware.

Aside from weighting a ton and trying to overrule all the other consoles that existed in my room? No, worked like a charm. Hell, it still work up to today and i used it a lot.

The original Xbox was an untouchable and invincible behemoth, built to outlast even the cockroaches and Super Nintendos.

Alright, slight exaggeration there on my part but no, I had no hardware problems with my black beauty nor did any of my friends.

I have never had any problems with my Xbox. In fact out if all the major systems out at the time that Xbox came out, i felt that there was no system built better. Very durable and hard to crack.

I actually never heard of anyone having any problems with the original Xbox. That doesn't mean it didn't have any, but I still find it curious. I wonder why the 360 breaks down so often by comparison, since logically the newer consoles should be built better.

Back