Xbox One Digital Foundry vs Xbox One Architects

That was an interesting article, thanks for sharing that! The engineers did put a good argument. Unfortunately its all tech centered until we get some games to compare. I'm in the boat that both systems will be great. Still can't wait for launch day.

They come off a little defensive, but I can't really blame them since people have been overly critical from the get-go. They have every reason to be proud of their powerful design -- they should never feel inadequate in the slightest in comparison to their principal competitor. And, at the end of it all, I don't think anyone will have purchased one console over the other because of power concerns.

I can see why though. They have fake experts on that "special" forum basically telling people the Xbox One is a hunk of crap. And so part of what this article is doing is basically calling out those people.

Thanks for the warning - that was pretty heavy on the technical terms. However, it was informative and solidifies Microsoft's stance - Microsoft wants to straddle the line between flashiness and functionality. That's perfectly valid, and is generally something I'm all about. That said - I honestly feel like late 2014 through 2015 are going to be where we really see any possible differences between the systems as there will have been enough exclusives and cross-platform games by then to make a study.

That was a good read. I would genuinely like to see Sony's hardware engineers do something similar. It was stated in one of the comments under that article that Sony took the simplest path for performance gains...but if that was true, then why can't I get GDDR5 RAM for my graphics workstation which would seemingly be a much more practical application?

image.jpg

Could this article have anything to do with this Tweet???

Back