Disney's Marvel and Netflix to Develop Historic Four Series Epic plus a Mini-Series

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
This could be pretty bada**, especially now that they actually make good Marvel movies and not stinkers like "Daredevil." What do you guys think? Will you watch it? I'm loving that Netflix is taking the initiative with some original programming and joint ventures with other companies. They many not have the newest stuff streaming, but the original programming are a nice addition to keep me interested when there's also Amazon, etc. to choose from.

The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) and Netflix Inc. today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel's most popular characters exclusively to the world's leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a mini-series programming event.

Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Source: Marvel

I read about this. I am a little scared. Netflix is not known for their SFX budgets. That is concerning to me. However, they did recently have a huge amount of success with their original programming so perhaps that aspect of budget has been dramatically increased to fit the size of my expectations.

Back