Xbox One Do Friend List Carry Over To The Xbox One?

Gamerdog24

If I am on my xbox one will my 360 friends list carry over and will I be able to talk to friends playing on xbox 360 while I am on my xbox one? Any help here will be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if your friends list will automatically carry over. I have the same question. But Microsoft has already said there will not be cross system chat. If you're on the One and your friends are on the 360, you will not be able to chat. That's why it's a hard decision on when to trade in my 360 after November 22nd. I like playing with my friends (as we all do), but most of them either haven't pre-ordered the One yet or plan on waiting until next year.

I hope that helps. Happy gaming!

Im sure they will. The only thing is you wont be able to chat with a friend on the 360 while you are on the X1.

I had read that your friends list will carry over. The populus of your fl will increase as well. You will not be able to chat via voice but can send texts. Also you will be able to see what your friends are doing. I would post a link but don't have that option yet.

If I am on my xbox one will my 360 friends list carry over and will I be able to talk to friends playing on xbox 360 while I am on my xbox one? Any help here will be greatly appreciated.:confused:

It looks like you will be able to carry over your profile, friends list and achievements to the Xbox One but the expanded friends list will remain on the Xbox one. Positive this was confirmed, but I can't find the source. You will not be able to voice chat due to the new codec etc. Microsoft did say they are looking into ways of changing that though. Text will be functional cross gen.

I've read it will and that you can send a message just not voice chat. Whether its true, I'm not sure just yet.

They have neither confirmed or denied it. I would love the former though.

Back