Do Nintendo Systems Have A Reputation For Being A Younger Person's Console?

dannyboy

In all the years that i have seen Nintendo and played it, it seems that the general consensus among people was that Nintendo systems had more games geared towards younger people while Xbox and Playstation systems had games geared towards older people. What do you think?

They do but it's very much a decision on their part.
Even though Nintendo systems have a few violent games made by third parties, the large bulk of the Nintendo gaming experience comes from their first party titles and those just aren't violent.
Nintendo makes fun, addictive, interesting games that people of all ages love, they aren't even slightly concerned if they aren't considered "mature"

I wouldn't necessarily say younger but more of a casual person's console. After the Wii came out, it seemed like Nintendo began to not focus so much on core gamers and instead on the broad market of the casual gamer. That market includes everyone from little kids to old people. It worked with the Wii because at the time, motion controlled gameplay was something new and innovative. However this same outlook isn't going to work with the Wii U as since it's primary function is the tablet, it's not something that is exciting to people since now, everyone has tablets to use. Not too mention that those tablets are cheaper as well. Also Nintendo has lost many of it's third party support so people may not want to buy a Wii U only for Nintendo games.

I wouldn't say that particularly. I know many adults that have a Wii, and love it because of Wii Sports. It entertains them, as well as gives a good workout. However, I do agree that Nintendo specifically releases consoles for children. Games like Mario, and Zelda is just not for adults, but specifically for children, or teenagers. Adults can still freely play this game, there's no problem with that, but I'm just saying that those particular games are released for younger audiences. One thing I enjoy what Nintendo is doing is that they're still making family-friendly games, specifically for the Wii.

Back