Xbox One Do you expect Titan Fall to be the revolution of FPS games Respawn claims it will be?

4justice

There has been plenty of buzz about the upcoming XB1 game Titan Fall. The odd thing about it however is that there is more talk about "cloud computing" for them game than the actual game. To me, this makes the game sound more like a poster boy for cloud computing. Much the same way the Crysis series is used as more of a poster boy to sell the Cry engine to companies.

But regardless of the hype, do you expect Titan Fall to be a huge jump in the FPS genre?

i would say its the first console online multiplayer. i have not herd a thing about solo/campaign mode. so i think it may be the first of its type.. if it whole multiplayer online style of game really goes over well. than yes i think it will be a trend that big titles look at with less fear.

i would say its the first console online multiplayer. i have not herd a thing about solo/campaign mode. so i think it may be the first of its type.. if it whole multiplayer online style of game really goes over well. than yes i think it will be a trend that big titles look at with less fear.

Unfortunately, it's not the first in that department. Warhawk actually did the idea of tieing the single player into the multiplayer as well. You haven't heard much about the solo campaign because it exists in the multiplayer. My only gripe thus far is that it's more of a marketing basis for cloud gaming than it is an actual game with the way they've marketed it thus far.

Titanfall sure packs the punch!

There has been plenty of buzz about the upcoming XB1 game Titan Fall. The odd thing about it however is that there is more talk about "cloud computing" for them game than the actual game. To me, this makes the game sound more like a poster boy for cloud computing. Much the same way the Crysis series is used as more of a poster boy to sell the Cry engine to companies.

But regardless of the hype, do you expect Titan Fall to be a huge jump in the FPS genre?

Titanfall will be a huge jump in the FPS genre not only because of it being a dedicated multi-player but also because of the gameplay elements.

There are plenty of games and MMORPGS that do this already but I feel the developers behind this game will do magic. They were the ones who worked on Modern Warfare at Infinity Ward and bolstered by excellent marketing, Titanfall got the potential to be the next big thing after Battlefield.

It combines a mix of fast paced strategy with titan combat and the adrenaline action experience. I personally find this game to do what John Carmack's Doom did decades ago. id changed the game with Doom, Doom 3 and Rage. Rage was graphically rich and pushed Xbox 360 to its limits. Similarly, Titanfall will push the Xbox One's online capabilities and introduce cloud gaming to the gamer community in a more appealing manner.

Titanfall will be a huge jump in the FPS genre not only because of it being a dedicated multi-player but also because of the gameplay elements.

There are plenty of games and MMORPGS that do this already but I feel the developers behind this game will do magic. They were the ones who worked on Modern Warfare at Infinity Ward and bolstered by excellent marketing, Titanfall got the potential to be the next big thing after Battlefield.

It combines a mix of fast paced strategy with titan combat and the adrenaline action experience. I personally find this game to do what John Carmack's Doom did decades ago. id changed the game with Doom, Doom 3 and Rage. Rage was graphically rich and pushed Xbox 360 to its limits. Similarly, Titanfall will push the Xbox One's online capabilities and introduce cloud gaming to the gamer community in a more appealing manner.

You need better arguments than that. Titanfall isn't the first dedicated multiplayer game on a home system. And so far, their gameplay elements aren't much different than any other FPS in recent memory.

And just because it comes from the former Infinity Ward team doesn't mean it's the next big thing. A developer is only as good as their last game. Just look at how much everyone praised Silicon Knights and ID before. Look how little people care for either now.

Right now, you sound more like you're trying to market the game rather than a genuine reason to say Titan Fall will be a revolution

i will bring this from the dead.

i am glad its going to be a spring 2014 launch title and not a day one launch. odds are i will be getting this game new not used or later.. i hate the fact its going to give me 2 fps but all in all i hope the game stacks up.. the multijump jetpack stuff sets me off but past that it seems on the right track. with all the awards its either allot of hype(microsoft paying people off) or it really is a great game. it may just be a fresh ip fps which is what allot pf people have been wanting. the core designers are cod devs iirc so they know the market and proably have taken allot of the what cod should do/bf needs to do and incorp it. we shall see tho.

Other than all its shiny bells and whistles... From the gameplay itself it plays just like any other FPS other than the fact that you can get into a titan.
I wonder how the multiplayer will pan out on consoles though

I think the gameplay will be similar to most FPS games, but there is a chance that they have a new twist. I believe the revolutionary part will rely on the cloud computing and the fact that because of it, they will be able to change major elements of the game that the consumer base isn't connecting to. That alone will make it revolutionary and interesting to watch because a developer can take a game that is flopping and turn it around if they so desire.

The name escapes me right now, but last year or so, a game came out that you could play SP, but it would provide you your team through the AI. It tanked and tanked hard. I'm sure that developer would've loved to have the ability to go in and tweak and get his game back on the right track. I don't know why I can't think of the name. People bought it once it dropped to $20.

No, but I think it will be an interesting experiment. If it works it could lead to some serious efforts in terms of how games are implement. If it tanks it will lead to a re-evaluation of where trends are heading. So yeah. That said I'm not likely to know first-hand because I do not see an Xbone in my future.

Game play videos so far have shown it to be relatively close to its FPS cousins, but of course, there are the obvious differences. I don't think it will be a creative evolution for the genre the same way that Portal was, but they are dedicating a lot of resources and marketing towards an amazing multiplayer experience overall. Localizing matchmaking with the cloud computing is a great step as far as technological innovations go, so there is also that.

While it might not spark a "revolution", I for one say it's definitely a nice change of pace from the brown and bloom military shooters we've seen so much of. Honestly, give me any game that has more to it than shooting people using guns, with occasionally tanks involved in elaborate animated cutscenes. The fact that it involves both mechs AND jetpacks at the same time automatically puts it on my GOTY list.

No, no I do not. It's just another First Person Shooter to me. While it looks pretty, it's not bringing anything NEW to the battlefield with it's gameplay mechanics. Mechs and Jetpacks, Red Faction already did that. Bot and Real Players mixing seamlessly. Don't even get me started how my games do that already. The wall running/climbing/so on, again, not new. Brink did it long before, and before that it was the Matrix games and the professionals mod for the original Half Life. What I will say however is that it looks like it's going to be fun in a general sense of the word. Like someone else mentioned, a lot of great people are working on it who used to make Call of Duty so fantastic. Modern Warfare 2, in my opinion was by far the best one in the series and if they can even bring half of the fun times I had on that game to Titan Fall, I will definitely be playing it for several nights.

Back