Do you listen to music when you play ?

SkintTight

Just curious.

I play music when i'm playing modern warfare, it helps me get more kills for some reason.

I love listening to music all together. One of my favorite things to do is play my Mp5 and play Live at the same time. I find it helps me to concentrate on what I need to do in the game. This is true if I am studying, or even working online.

Sometimes, it really gets me in the mood! It's great when you get music with those dramatic scenes and you look all cool playing your games ;). But I usually die anyway...

It depends, if i am in a more serious mood, i don't and try to focus on the game's sounds so i can play better. But if i am in a fooling around mood, i usually get something playing, so i can have a more relaxed experience.

I don't unless I have people over and even so you can barely hear it over everyone else

I usually listen to music while playing online, playing something where I know the maps and don't really need to listen to anything that goes on. If it's just me playing, I like to hear everything and really get into the game.

That is so funny. So do I. I actually almost always listen to music while playing my Xbox. Especially music that gets me pumped and my heart racing. I also get several kills under my belt. More so when I listen to music than not. Dance or rap music does it for me. It is more so the song's beat. I shoot my enemies to the drums. Head shots are my favorite. The closer I am to winning, the higher my stereo goes up. Any songs that you personally recommend? What type of music gets you going during video games?

Sometimes I will listen to music and other times I don't. I actually can't focus all that well if I have music blasting in my ear. Especially if I am doing stealth and the music makes me even more jittery.

Sometimes the music makes me unfocused and I die more often in the game I'm playing, but sometimes I am really pumped and in a great mood.
I usually don't listen to music while playing though. Only every once in a while.

I have in the past but I don't anymore. I just prefer to concentrate on the game sound in my headset than listen to music. Every once in a while, I'll play a few songs in the background but for the most part, I play with only the game volume. I suppose its a matter of personal preference, if it helps you play better than by all means listen to music. I guess it's not really my thing, you know?

Yep! I always listen to music when playing games, mostly because I don't take any game too seriously and just like to enjoy myself. I always get a smile on my face when playing fighting games and get a great combo while an kickass song is on. Used to have playlists for certain games but now I just shuffle the songs up.

Yeah I tend to listen to my favorite hip-hop and RnB songs while I'm playing five or really any other game. I'll be playing my xbox for 2 hours with my bits headset on and I can't hear anyone because they all know I'm in my xbox gaming mode and I basically zone out for that amount of time.

I don't listen to music when I'm concentrating on an intense Halo game. I find it distracting, when I should be listening for gunfire, footsteps or anything; however, if I'm on the computer, casually gaming, I will listen to music, but when it comes to a Halo game on XBox, I can't have any distractions. I know that music helps a lot of people game better. It keeps their nerves more calm so they don't make dangerous mistakes.

Sometimes I do it really just depends on what I'm playing. If I'm just playing a couple rounds of Call of Cuty I might put on a playlist and just zone out. Other than that I don't really.

I only listen to music whenever I play a sports game online. I rarely listen to music when I play a game that is not interesting or does not require some extra give for me to complete it. One of my favorite games to listen to music while playing is NBA 2K13.

Yes, I almost always listen to music while playing games. If I'm not listening to music then I have the radio on or I'll turn on the other television and have that on as background sound. I don't know why I do it...I guess the game audio just isn't enough. I tend to listen to my youtube favorites list on shuffle mode. Or I'll play some mp3s. I listen to a lot of metal, rock, hip hop and alternative music.

Nope from me. I bought turtle beaches to hear the game. But when I'm offline achievement hunting or just playing a campaign I'll pop up YouTube and find a good long documentary to listen to. Doesn't help at all, actually hurts, but when you're playing a campaign for a second time collecting intel or whatever on a game that didn't have a half good story to begin with it helps to get through.

I keep my music separate from gaming. When I'm playing any game I love to be immersed in its world, which includes the sounds and backing tracks. I would find my personal collection to be distracting. Heck, even when I'm playing EA Sports games it's not the same without the infinitely-repeating menu tunes.

Nope, I prefer the game sounds, music just distracts me from having fun in the game.

It mainly depends on the game I'm playing and the mood I'm in. Usually games where I don't have to pay attention I will put on some music. If its Minecraft or a Sports game I tend to put on relaxing music or a podcast. If its an online Multiplayer or FPS I tend to play music that is very energetic and gets me pumped up.

Although, if its a story based game...that's always a no go.

Back