Original Xbox Do you remember when and how you got your Xbox?

Madnesscore

I do not exactly remember when it was, but I already had a PS2 at the time but my parents were getting divorced so me and my little brother would be bored all the time when we would be at our father's house. Hence we got an Xbox and an additional controller for Christmas, that was probably in 2006.

How about you? Do you remember when and why? And how expensive did the original Xbox used to be in the beginning?

It wasn't me that wanted an xbox, it was my brother. Surprisingly, we both went to Gamestop and he paid for the xbox. Funny how he doesn't play the xbox anymore and I play it mostly now.

When did Halo 2 came out? It was around that time, and i remember getting it new, so it was kinda of expensive, but totally worth it, spent a lot of good hours on that thing.

My grandma actually bought us an Xbox with Project Gotham racing 2. We were blown away by the graphics as we hadn't had a new console
since the N64. It was a pretty good racing game too and we took turns racing around tracks trying to beat each others time. Me and my older
sister now have an Xbox 360 and play online together when we're not busy.

I got my Xbox from my friend's brother, but it was kind of a weird process. I paid about $150 for it when it was still relatively new, but I paid half at first and the rest later on. To this day I've never directly interacted with my friend's brother; the whole transaction went down between my friend and I. The first game I ever bought was the first Halo, which I bought before paying for the console itself. I don't know why I did that; I guess I was just in a big hurry to play it (and looking back, I can see why).

I still remember the day that I got my Xbox. After school during my junior year of high school, I was invited over to one of my friends houses. When we got there we were playing his Playstation 2 he had just gotten, and his Xbox was sitting underneath some clothing. So I asked him if he still wanted it, and to my advantage he said no and I took it home for free.

Back