Original Xbox Do you still play the Xbox?

MegaZero

Do you guys still play the original Xbox? I personally LOVE IT because it was a huge part of my teen hood. I loved it and I remembered playing it with my friends all day and all night.

So, do you still play it? If so, what game? Share with us your experience!

I had the original Xbox. There were some really good games out for it, actually. My favorite was Jade Empire.I don't play it anymore. I still have it, but it doesn't have that same "umph" factor of the PS2 that prompts me to hook it up.

I got the Xbox some time after it came out when it dropped in price. I liked some of the RPGs on it. I just have the console and a few games, no controller or cords (I probably still have them, but in a different place). If I felt like looking for the cords I'd most like play some Jade Empire or Morrowind.

I don't play my Xbox at all. When the 360 came out I didn't really see a point after awhile. I think I hung in there for a few months before picking one up. The original Xbox is still here though.

i played my xbox up until earlier this year when it died.. well kinda died, truth is i have no idea what happend to it. It was modded and one day when i turned it on the games menu was not showing up amongst other things.. so no way to access the games installed and the rom died a long time ago so i cant play from disc either.. it still turns on and boots to the xecuter dashboard thou.. Im guessing one of the partitions on the hdd died :(

the games i loved to play on the xbox were

OP Flashpoint Elite
Shenmue II (the ending really sucked but i still enjoyed that game ALOT)
Halo
Jade Empire
San Andreas
DOA

I never got to play Shenmue II on Xbox. I always saw it and always, always wanted to pick it up.

I managed to play Shenmue II at a friend's house. The only one who had an Xbox. It really seemed more like Microsoft were testing the waters with the first Xbox whereas 360 was the console they actually wanted to get out there.

I can't remember the last time I played a game on the original Xbox! In fact, I don't even have my old console here at the house; it's over my mom's, packed up in storage. I was never all that crazy about the original Xbox, though.

Some of the best exclusives I think were on the original Xbox. In my opinion, it had some of the best Halo exclusives, SEGA's best games after the Dreamcast had died off, and Voodoo Vince. It also had the best multi-system games like Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls III, Shenmue II, the first Halo, and just a ton of other games.

I managed to play Shenmue II at a friend's house. The only one who had an Xbox. It really seemed more like Microsoft were testing the waters with the first Xbox whereas 360 was the console they actually wanted to get out there.

That's what I felt. It wasn't a console that was going to hang around years into the following generation.

It could've hung around or at least gotten the PS2/DC treatment where people were still developing games for it long after the company stopped making consoles for that generation.

That wasn't going to happen with original Xbox.

StreetShark, you cold blooded. You're right though, Xbox wasn't going to see any console holdout games like DC has been seeing or that last nugget for PS2.

Believe it or not I have been playing my original Xbox quite often until the disk drive died a few months ago. I really miss the placement of the black and white buttons. Man, I miss the days when the Xbox was hot stuff.

I don't play with it anymore, I mean with a library of just 11 games, I just got bored with it. But I can still get my hands on some OG Xbox games,then I would definitely dust the old boy and give a go. The only thing that keep me from playing is that I don't have any games to play anymore, I don't care much that its outdated or the graphics are horrible compared to today s games, it's just that there's not much games to play unlike in the 360.

I still play it from time to time. I like to play fight night on it and project gotham racing. The only problem that I have when I am playing it is that the graphics on some of the games are so horrible compared to the quality of the graphics on the games that we play these days. I still love my original xbox and every time I play it it brings back the memories. These days though I love my Xbox 360 because of the amount of games that are available for it.

I think most people have let the dust pile on their original xbox. Most of the classic games can be played on the 360.

Back