Xbox One Do you think your dog will die?

Chunkaroonie

So as we all know there will be a dog in this game and it seems to play a pretty big role as your companion. It's really easy to get attached to animals if done correctly and for the developers/writers its an easy way to play with the players emotions. And sweet jiminy crickets main characters die more often in the COD series than they do in Game of Thrones. I feel like COD does a pretty poor job of setting up character's and their motivations so at least with a dog you don't need any of that complex stuff that fleshed out, multi dimensional characters have.

So my question to you is quite simple, do you think the dog's going to die in the singleplayer?

I think they might pull out an option to where you can
a) Sacrifice yourself to save the dog's life or
b) The dog sacrifices its left to save yours.

Something along these lines at least.

Yeah now that you mention it it does make a lot of sense for them to do that. Would make a great plot twist or story arc for the video game. I think it's pretty clever you thought of that because I could definitely see that happening.

You know, I'd like to give Infinity Ward more credit but I honestly think the dog would die.

Seriously, is there any other way the game could go? Unless Infinity Ward is more creative than me (Which wouldn't be too hard) than I can't see a way of the game not ending like that.

The only other choice I can see is you sacrificing yourself for the dog. That could be very interesting.

I am definitely expecting the dog to die, sadly. But I hope not!

Sadly I think the dog will die. Activision and Infinity Ward talked a lot about the dog during the xbox event last week and the main focus of the accompanying trailer was the dog, they are trying to create an emotional bond between the player and the dog as early as possible so that it really hits you hard when that unexpected moment arises and the dog dies.

Of course their going to kill the dog! It's a cheap way to invoke an emotional response, i would do it in a heartbeat.

Very possible that the dog will die, but maybe that's what they want people to think.
If it does die, I think we are the cause of it. Once we finish the campaign, you have to make the choice to kill it. It is probably suffering from pain because something happened when fighting. That's my guess, but I'm pretty sure the dog does die, sadly.

If the dog does die, it is really kind of a tacky point in the story isn't it? Very cliched. They put that dog in there and then kill it just to get an emotional rise out of us? I hope the dog does not die, and that it is such an awesome companion that it will be featured in the inevitable Ghosts 2.

I wouldn't be that surprised if the dog ended up dying. It seems like the perfect character that the user can grow attached to, but is also easily disposable for the plot line. I expect it's an easy way to advance the story, maybe throw in like a revenge style of mission after the dog is killed.

I think they will kill the dog just so that PETA can finally land on the case, and they get even more free publicity from all this.

...and later, they release the true ending of the game where the dog doesn't die for the low price of 4.99$.

Most likely scenario is the death of the dog, it's an easy way to get an emotional response out of you as you will probably spend most of the game bonding with him.
The PETA free publicity mentioned above is also a good point, that makes it even more likely.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dog dies in the story line. With all these Call of Duty games that have come out, there's always playable character that dies. I'll admit that it's going to be sad if they kill off the dog, it's like losing your best friend.

Back