Do you use the same character name?

gracie

I know some people will try to get on the game as quick as possible to reserve their character name. I also have a friend who likes one name so much that he just uses that name for his main character in every single game that he plays. I have a couple that I like but it doesn't matter much to me if the name is taken. My all time favorite that I always try first is 'Sekzi'.

How about you?

I generally stick to a general name, something that is not that used, but is still available. Yet within that realm, i try to change it up according to the setting and lore of the game, so it doesn't stand out that much.

For PC? Nah, I have a few variants, and since I've established Funky Jammer. It's kind of hard to want to consider side boasting of another name.

I think you'd be surprised how many different Battle.net accounts I had to come up with because I forgot my password. Thankfully, Blizzard let you create accounts for free. Keep in mind, this was way back in the days of the original StarCraft, before I had decided to just use the same name for most web sites and game accounts.

I don't use the same character name in the games that I play. I usually search for unique descriptions that best suits my character of choice, which means I typically use adjectives. Sometimes, I also use names of my favorite anime characters. Or there would be times when I would just think of some very weird name.

I switch up my names some times. Lately ive been using Jameson as my name instead of NDIT54 since im playing more old timey games but i seem to change my name a lot besides the Xbox.

I tend to stick to one username as well. That ways I don't lose track of what goes for what. It just makes life so much more simpler.

Haha I don't need to worry about that with a name like iShootRocks.. It's never taken.

I usually use my gamertag except for a set of names that I typically use while playing WoW, Diablo, etc.

Now that you mention it, I do use the same name for everything. It's easy to remember and I guess that's the main reason why I decided to do this, but sometimes it can be a downside. There are times where you want to use a different alias due to specific reasons, however, it's not easy to remember accounts with different names and passwords

Yup it's always the same name all the way, in every single game I ever engage in. I use the name 'xDratx'. To be honest I'm not even sure of how I concluded into choosing that name as a username. It was most probably long time ago when I was making silly usernames, and for some odd reason the word 'drat' seemed cool to me at that time. I don't even know what that means , to be completely honest. Although I presume it's a cursing word, something alike saying 'Dammit'.

I do, within a couple of names. There's nothing more frustrating than when your name is taken! Or when you're playing a game and I run through all the names I normally use and want to create a new character. I take names very seriously for some reason. I always think about how I'll be stuck with them for however long I play the game, so it seems like a big decision. I have friends who just make up whatever nonsense names and don't give it a second thought, oh how I wish I could be like them! I've been known to sit on a character naming screen for like an hour... yeah, it's ridiculous.

I'm just the opposite! For every game I play I typically make up a name thats both nonsense and out of place. I might even just use my actual name, but to me an ingame name means nothing if its not used or projected to other people. Its really just a profile name to know which profile is which.

Generally I do find myself using the same name for many online games though I do seem to have a small selection of names I enjoy using. I just like knowing and understanding my charater so even if it's a name I've used a million times before it seems to me that it kind of builds almost a history to the name.

Nah, i usually name him something that i think will get a laugh. If not I'll name him something obviously not cool.

I use the same IGN "blackbagel" if I can.
Usually it isn't taken and it's really easy for my friends to find me.

If it's character names, I have stock names I use for different character types. My "tag" or ingame name in multiplayer games is always a same unless it's taken or something. Even then I just add numbers on the end or replace letters.

Back