Does Anyone Think This Is Funny?

Collin

Has anyone noticed that the Xbox One and the PS4 are being released, and the WiiU finally has a commercial? I thought that was hilarious, to be honest. I must say, I do not like the WiiU. While it is a great concept, there are a couple cons that prevent me from buying one:

1) If you drop the controller, you're screwed. There is no replacement parts for the controller, unless you really want to get technical. While there may be some cases that may prevent damage, what if you hit the screen on a hard corner? Then what?

2) In some games, you have to look at the controller and the screen at the same time. My eyes would get tired after long gameplay....

Considering how late the Wii U is to finally start marketing, I guess Nintendo really failed at marketing this time. Nevertheless, WiiU is still a great portable console in my opinion.

Every time I ask gamers about the Wii U they always ask me, "The what?!?" That is horrible if you have some gamers not knowing what you are talking about. This is the least marketed console right now and I guess they are trying to get some of that Christmas money out of shoppers.

The Wii U simply does not match the PS4 and Xbox One when it comes to both hardware and marketing. The Wii U has been completely absent from the marketing around the new consoles. Part of the reason for this is that the Wii U is more of the same; it is simply not next-gen. No one really sees the appeal in the Wii U because of the fact that isn't a real contended to play the newest games.

I will agree that the Wii U is the least advertised console out, but as MetalSwift pointed out on the PS4 sister forum, the dated hardware/not so powerful console argument is weak. The last time that a console that was more powerful than its competitors actually trumped its closest competition in sales was with the SNES. Also note that at that time, the Sega Genesis generally had the better commercials as well.

After that, the console that were underpowered compared to its stiff competition won out in sales. Even though the last generation was Sony-Microsoft duking it out, the previous generations have been taken by Nintendo and Sony when units moved are concerned (3-2 Nintendo if people are keeping score).

Back