Dragonball Z games

Tofu

Curious to know if anyone else on this forum is a fan of the DBZ games. Personally I was a big fan of them until Tenkaichi 2 for Ps2. Raging Blast was decent as well on Ps3 except for the lack of characters. Everything after that just kind of got to be the same old copy of the games though which is disappointing considering how much I loved the series. Does anyone else play any of the DBZ games?

I loved the Bodukai* games a lot for Playstation 2. I played those games growing up then years later with my younger nephews. It's great how timeless their games can be.

I remember the first time I played a Dragon Ball Z game, I was so psych to play after renting it from a video store. I think I liked it up to Budakai Tenkaichi as well, that game game had so many freaking characters. I remember t being billed as having over a 180 characters even though a lot of those characters were just different transformations.

Best one was Budokai 3, so the best one for the PS3 is the HD collection. Never enjoyed tenkaichi very much because of the way the camera acted, especially when playing versus with a friend.

I have the PS3 HD collection myself. I have to say, I'm definitely unimpressed by the DBZ games, mostly because of the incredibly limited move sheets. Every character has, like, a few moves and a couple of specials that take all your energy so you can only perform 1-2 at best. Maybe it's because I never liked the anime either? I mean, sure I used to love it as a kid, but I tried to see it recently again and I was like: "What? I liked this garbage?! Lol I was dumb"

I wish that they would make Dragon Ball games like the Naruto games which I think are perfect adaptations of the anime. All of the Dragon Ball games that I have played are all button mashers which require very little strategy. Once they fix the gameplay, I'd be a loyal customer.

Back