Xbox One EA gets 10 year deal to make StarWars games exclusively

Marv75

Didn't know if anyone knew about this one, but it looks like the MMO 1313 will still remain cancelled. I don't know about anyone else but this makes me nervous. I mean look at the launches of Simcity 3 and the 3 lawsuits they have against them from BF4. And yes they're already making Simcity 4 for pc. The only SW game alluded to is a re-boot of Battlefront. (That I have read.) I sure hope Titanfall's servers aren't a mess. Also like Blizzrard, I am pretty sure they use DRM also. I just personally want a great SW game again. Supposedly something is going to hit this year. Companies need to make sure their servers can handle the load. NBA2k14 and even GTA V have even had their fair share of issues! So what does everyone else think?

I'm pretty sure they now have countermeasures just in case something bad happens on the TitanFall servers. Well, I'm all in for the game. Yeah, NBA and GTA still has some issues. I guess all we can do is wait for any new things about the games coming out.

Didn't know if anyone knew about this one, but it looks like the MMO 1313 will still remain cancelled. I don't know about anyone else but this makes me nervous. I mean look at the launches of Simcity 3 and the 3 lawsuits they have against them from BF4. And yes they're already making Simcity 4 for pc. The only SW game alluded to is a re-boot of Battlefront. (That I have read.) I sure hope Titanfall's servers aren't a mess. Also like Blizzrard, I am pretty sure they use DRM also. I just personally want a great SW game again. Supposedly something is going to hit this year. Companies need to make sure their servers can handle the load. NBA2k14 and even GTA V have even had their fair share of issues! So what does everyone else think?

We'll have to wait and see but yeah, all this talk about BF4 and the issues makes me nervous too. EA's got to get their act together. But if they can pull it off to make a great Star Wars game, then I'll be impressed. But can they? All we can do is wait.

We'll have to wait and see but yeah, all this talk about BF4 and the issues makes me nervous too. EA's got to get their act together. But if they can pull it off to make a great Star Wars game, then I'll be impressed. But can they? All we can do is wait.

I guess they can pull it off. They made some cool games last year so I guess they're ready for anything.

We'll see and wait. I'm sure they got it in them to pull it off. As long as we don't have to see any more Jar Jar Binks, I'm gonna play the game.

the bf4 server issues are on them... they chose not to use xbox one dedicated servers.... that is not a microsoft issue. 99% of the fears of bf4 lie on EA's shoulders

if your worried about star wars having major issues i wouldn't look at server issues as the issues. you need to look at how the gameplay is.. levolution,general controls,graphics and general gameplay. the frost bite engine is "new" but its got allot of potential. look at how an rpg,airburst and such can bring a building to its knees.. u can demolish walls,break glass,destroy poles. when you destroy some things they lead to other aspects of the map..
destroying some ground level things allows you to get 1-2 stories up gives you an elevated position.

they have 1-2 years till a tentative date on star wars that is allot of learning and adjustment to the engine alone. let alone useing the extra power of the next gen consoles.

they have 1-2 years till a tentative date on star wars that is allot of learning and adjustment to the engine alone. let alone useing the extra power of the next gen consoles.

Still a long time to improve the game and come up with more gimmicks to make it more exciting.

Still a long time to improve the game and come up with more gimmicks to make it more exciting.

its not about gimics/making it exciting. have you played bf4? when its not having server issues the game plays very well. graphically the game looks very good. and its not just looking good its the fact most all the building/structure take some type of damage or interaction.

now how EA handles interaction and general levolution of space or non earth buildings is sole up to them. in fact they have a bt more freedom as it is space and other planets.. star wars has everything from desert enviroment to jungle,water,skyscrapers,space ships. they could go straight over the top(dont put money on it) but i have a feeling whoever gave EA the 10 year lock on the title is not going to let them tarnish the star wars name.. i would assume and expect them to have some say...

one to thing recall disney may own star wars but lucas arts still has part in development and how the story goes.

i would expect a good game, but dont expect some over the top game.. its star wars its got backing people will buy in unless we see ea burry themselves

Well it does make sense. After all it is a locked contract for 10 years. I guess EA is up to something good accepting that deal. The concept of the gameplay is what matters. Stars wars has been with us for ages, from the movie to the games. even cartoons. They won't do anything stupid to destroy that legacy.

I would love to see a star wars game like jedi academy or jedi outcast. Those games had some of the best lightsaber and force powers ever. The lightsaber battles where great, would love to see that on the xbox 1. I would even love to see another kinnect game as well if they did it right.

I thought it was announced during the summer of last year that EA got the deal to do Star Wars, unless I'm not remembering clearly.

Great. ANother franchise for EA to destroy. They are literally the worst publishers today. Forcing Origin down which no one wants, shipping inherently broken games and what not.

Just wait until EA announce their Dr. Who game and a Sons of Anarchy game.

...jinxing both now.

I thought it was announced during the summer of last year that EA got the deal to do Star Wars, unless I'm not remembering clearly.

It was announced in May I believe.

Great. ANother franchise for EA to destroy. They are literally the worst publishers today. Forcing Origin down which no one wants, shipping inherently broken games and what not.

Got that right. I guess the only success that EA hasn't destroyed was their Sims series.

It's not just sims they had other games that were successful, but yeah lately EA has been quite a disappointment in my point of view since some of their games didn't actually had a great impact on the gamers. I'd rather take a game that's not EA made but well I'll make an exception as long as Star Wars does good.

It's not just sims they had other games that were successful, but yeah lately EA has been quite a disappointment in my point of view since some of their games didn't actually had a great impact on the gamers. I'd rather take a game that's not EA made but well I'll make an exception as long as Star Wars does good.

I hope they won't disappoint the fans the way they did with the other EA games.

Ea has been quite a disappointment on most of the releases that they did. I just hope that it changes now that they have a 10 year contract to have Star Wars (a legend) on their bucket. I hope they won't disappoint us like what they did on the games that they previously released.

The way you say it... man, it scares me 'cuz it can be true. Look what happened to Battlefield 4 and SimCity. Man, I hope it's not true. I just hope. But then, when you're called the Worst Company in America TWICE... yikes.

ea and the frost bite engine offer allot of cool stuff.
commander mode
companion mode
levolution

need to look at the core game/engine itself.. it actually works quite well. sure they have tweeked it and are rescaling vehicles/guns for damage.. but you dont really find out how over powered or under powered they become till the masses have them in hand.

ea's biggest problem is servers and stability. its 70% of the experience.. barley anyone plays the solo mode. everyone "says" multipleyer dosnt matter but in reality its 90+% of the gaming community. most all game have a multiplayer aspect or some social aspect.. no need to develop an ai system with "real" players.

ea had the perfect avenue to take the stress and worries away from themselves by letting microsoft take over with dedicated servers... i think if they went this route bf4 would have been a greater success.. idk if it was an origin issue or commander/companion.. or i ea was just to stubborn thats for them to know..

one of the sad things is microsoft caters to cod... they are in bed together hard core... where sony kinda took the bf4 and pushed it early pre launch. but in the end no one stood behind ea/bf4.. no major launch stuff like cod. i honestly think if microsoft got ahold of the server stuff they would have found the issues early but i dont think it would have been a day 1 launch game microsoft would have made them fix or help fix that aspect pre launch.. but thats just me.

so yes ea sucks at some things.. but as far as pushing a game and the engine.. its far better than its competition. with innovation in most of the series.

but with all that said i think in a 10 year span we are looking at 3 legit games with star wars. they already said its on the frostbite engine. which is already up and running. so not only will bf4/5 benifit but it should ease the star wars launch.. the guess work/surprises should be ironed out. the gameplay may feel familiar.

my honest biggest fear is a bf4/5 rehas with a reskin of star wars.. thats my big fear with this title and knowing who has it and what they do... i like bf4 but i dont want a reskin.. i want a new ip with a working tweeked engine.

ea's biggest problem is servers and stability. its 70% of the experience.. barley anyone plays the solo mode. everyone "says" multipleyer dosnt matter but in reality its 90+% of the gaming community. most all game have a multiplayer aspect or some social aspect.. no need to develop an ai system with "real" players.

When it comes to multiplayer gaming EA really has something lacking. They have to improve that well enough so Star wars will turn out good.

Back