Xbox One Emulator Possibility and Other Thoughts

Draycos11

From
San Francisco Bay Area
I was doing some thinking about the way that the xbox one's operating systm is set up and I had a few ideas that may or may not make sense, but I think are worth noting. The first is that the main operating system in the one is some form of windows 8 and it only switches to the Xbox os when playing games. If this is the way this works than is there any particular reason that some one can't make a 360 emulator that will read 360 discs. If something like this could work than I see a limitless quantity of user generated apps that could do all kinds of interesting things.

I was doing some thinking about the way that the xbox one's operating systm is set up and I had a few ideas that may or may not make sense, but I think are worth noting. The first is that the main operating system in the one is some form of windows 8 and it only switches to the Xbox os when playing games. If this is the way this works than is there any particular reason that some one can't make a 360 emulator that will read 360 discs. If something like this could work than I see a limitless quantity of user generated apps that could do all kinds of interesting things.

I imagine the only reason they are not doing this is because they do not want to. Based on their new policies the 360 games do not have DRM built in so that might be the reason behind it. The Xbox One is different hardware which is what their excuse was. I think what you will see are digital re-releases.

Like all other console manufacturers, the only reason they don't allow backwards compatibility is either because of sales numbers and / or it's too complicated to program such a thing to the new consoles.

Ouya will have a lot of parties using emulators to run games I believe. I don't think the Xbox One will do such nature.

Back