Xbox One Family account

Vortimous

From
New Orleans
Okay, quick question. I had my primary account set up and my kids were playing marvel super heroes. They got a few levels in. Today I decided to set my son up with a childs account under mine or family account. My question is, it seems that if he is logged in under his name, all the progress they did in the marvel game is gone and they had to start over. Is this because it is a different account? Is there any way to transfer what was done under my account for that game to his account so they don't have to start over. If they do have to start over, will everything they do now be saved under his name and when he signs in his progress will be there? I am just trying to understand how it works. Can anyone shine some light on this for me...

I was just going to let him sign in under my name, but since kinnect never recognized him, I figured lets get him his own account. My girl (she is 5) can just play under him.

The progress is linked to your gamer tag. I did this for my son when we got him an account of his own. After you do one or two it goes pretty quick. This was the only way I ever found to transfer a game save to a different gamer tag. I mainly did it with some saved worlds he had on Minecraft. If he's only a few levels in it's probably easier to let him replay the levels. Then the progress will be saved on his gamer tag.

Saves are locked under you Gamertag so your children won't be able to use your save for their Gamertag even if it's on the same console. If it's not too much, just let them replay the game or if they are too lazy maybe you could do it for them. Play until the point they stopped and let them continue from there.

No way to transfer unfortunately, so they will have to start over. Keep in mind that in Marvel you are allowed 4 separate save files and therefore they can keep playing on your account with out interring. For all other games they can then use their own account.

Yeah, I guess there is no way to manage storage on this one. The method I posted above worked for 360, but you can't get into the save files on the One to copy them to a thumb drive.

Okay, i set up my son on his own account with parental controls so now he can sign in or i can. But this is a problem that i ran into today. He started the xbox and it logged him in when the kinnect found him. I know it was under his name because he picked a different color than me. He started playing lego marvel under his name since he lost all progress since he is logged in now that was discussed earlier in this thread. He was fine with that. He started over a few days ago. Today he continued his game where it left him off. My problem came today when he was logged in and in game playing marvel. He was in the middle of his game and i walked in the room. The kinnect saw me and said hi and my name like it logged me in. Why did this happen if he was logged in under his name. Now i am concerned that all he played today was saved under my logg in since it saw me and appeared to logg me in while he was playing. Is the kinnect suppose to do this? I am not home to see if he lost his progress but i will know tomorrow. I hope that doesnt mean i cant be in the room when he wants to play because it will keep logging me in once it sees me....

nah it should have just signed you in under player two, mind you there's a few issues launch features *cough* Party *cough* so I can't say for sure. Be sure to let us know as that would be an interesting bug if it works

I never thought about the player two aspect of it. My daughter who is 5 was actually playing player two at the time. She does not have a profile or a guest account. I dont see the need for her to have one yet. That was probably it. When they were both playing the single player game together and i walked in, it logged me in as player two since two were playing the game. I will check the progress tomorrow and see where it saved it.... thanks

My son and I have two separate games going and I have walked in when he was playing and it logged me in, and the other way around. Whomever was logged in first and already playing gets the progress.

Okay, i set up my son on his own account with parental controls so now he can sign in or i can. But this is a problem that i ran into today. He started the xbox and it logged him in when the kinnect found him. I know it was under his name because he picked a different color than me. He started playing lego marvel under his name since he lost all progress since he is logged in now that was discussed earlier in this thread. He was fine with that. He started over a few days ago. Today he continued his game where it left him off. My problem came today when he was logged in and in game playing marvel. He was in the middle of his game and i walked in the room. The kinnect saw me and said hi and my name like it logged me in. Why did this happen if he was logged in under his name. Now i am concerned that all he played today was saved under my logg in since it saw me and appeared to logg me in while he was playing. Is the kinnect suppose to do this? I am not home to see if he lost his progress but i will know tomorrow. I hope that doesnt mean i cant be in the room when he wants to play because it will keep logging me in once it sees me....
"
This happens because when you setup you account you selected the "Sign in with Kinect" option. No worries though, it will still put the progress under his account since he was logged in as the primary and already playing. Whoever starts the game (literally hits start at the main menu) will be the primary account as far as saving and logging is concerned. Keep in mind that up to 6 people can be signed in without any of the other 5 being assigned to a controller, meaning that although it signed you in it does not mean that you were "player 2" simply that you were one of the now available accounts.

Ran into another issue today. I was logged in under my account which has all access. When i went to play dead rising 3, it kept asking me to put in my passcode to allow my son access to that game. I didnt want him to be able to play it unless i enter the code. But the pro ble? Was i was under my name, he was not logged in and it would not let me start the game without the passco jde. Once i entered it, a screen came up that said allow my sons profile access to this game. If i said no, it would just go back to the screen where i had to put the code in again. Finally i had to say yes, give him access just so i could play under my name. This doesnt seem rightn. Now he can just start the game if he wants. Is there any way to re restrict a game for a profile if you already said they have permission? It forced me to allow him access because i was blocked out... i dont know why....

Ran into another issue today. I was logged in under my account which has all access. When i went to play dead rising 3, it kept asking me to put in my passcode to allow my son access to that game. I didnt want him to be able to play it unless i enter the code. But the pro ble? Was i was under my name, he was not logged in and it would not let me start the game without the passco jde. Once i entered it, a screen came up that said allow my sons profile access to this game. If i said no, it would just go back to the screen where i had to put the code in again. Finally i had to say yes, give him access just so i could play under my name. This doesnt seem rightn. Now he can just start the game if he wants. Is there any way to re restrict a game for a profile if you already said they have permission? It forced me to allow him access because i was blocked out... i dont know why....

It actually sounds like he was signed in and you didn't realize it. My kinect has been signing into accounts when it thinks it sees somebody. Even if your the primary account, any other restricted account signed into the console would. Need permission to be signed in while you play.

He wasnt signed in, I know. His screen is blue and mine is green. It was on the green screen. I checked three times.... Also, the pic icon at the top of the screen where it shows to sign in on the home page only had my pic there, not both. I had just turned on the xbox, he was at school so there was no way it saw him. I was the only one logged in that day so far. It just wouldn't let me play unless I gave him permission. Plus the progress was saved under my account. When I logged in today under my account, I picked up where I left off so I know it saved under my account.

Again, is there any way to re assign the restrictions on a game or profile once you give that person access.... I would like it if my son tried to play dead rising 3 to have to put in my passcode, that way I know he cant play it, even by accident. I thought I had it set up this way.... Obviously not. What can I do....

He wasnt signed in, I know. His screen is blue and mine is green. It was on the green screen. I checked three times.... Also, the pic icon at the top of the screen where it shows to sign in on the home page only had my pic there, not both. I had just turned on the xbox, he was at school so there was no way it saw him. I was the only one logged in that day so far. It just wouldn't let me play unless I gave him permission. Plus the progress was saved under my account. When I logged in today under my account, I picked up where I left off so I know it saved under my account.

Again, is there any way to re assign the restrictions on a game or profile once you give that person access.... I would like it if my son tried to play dead rising 3 to have to put in my passcode, that way I know he cant play it, even by accident. I thought I had it set up this way.... Obviously not. What can I do....

The dashboard only shows the primary accounts dashboard unless you hit the hom button from a different controller where he is signed in. Meaning that even if you were both signed in, but you were signed into the controller it would only show your dashboard (colors) unless you set his account on that controller. On the top left of the screen you can see who is signed in, it'll show the individual gamerpics. Also you can select this area to select and assign a gamertag to a specific controller for that play session. If all you did was verify the color of the dsh then that does not mean he wasn't signed in. I can be the account on controller one, but my wife can still be the primary user in a game even though she's on controller two or not on any controller

There was only one gamerpic on the home screen and that one was mine. The xbox was off. He went to school. I turned on the xbox, it logged me in. He was not even in the house. The only pic by the log in was mine. The sceen was my color... there was nothing to indicate his account was logged in at all. Is there another way to tell. The player two controller was even off.....

One another note, how can you tell which controller is logged in under who?

Back