Original Xbox Favorite Game

sunkist2012

What's your favorite original Xbox game? Personally, mine is the Family Guy game, although honestly I didn't play very many games on the original Xbox before we bought our Xbox 360. My husband's favorites were the Halos - a series which he still plays now on Xbox 360.

I also like the Halo games, although I never got into them as much as some people I know. It's tough, but if I had to pick one game I'd go with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I know it was released for the PS2 first, but I didn't get it until it came out on Xbox. I don't think you can go wrong with Grand Theft Auto games, and this was always one of my favorites of the series.

I have too many favorites for just one, but some of my favorites are Mechassault, Oddworld Munch's Oddysee, Splinter Cell, Halo 2, and Blinx: The Timesweeper

I have too many favorites for just one, but some of my favorites are Mechassault, Oddworld Munch's Oddysee, Splinter Cell, Halo 2, and Blinx: The Timesweeper

ClassicGamer, those are all great picks. I would add just one.... Psychonauts. This is one of the greatest platformers of the last generation, and nobody played it.

-me

I loved Psychonauts, it was a great game that was criminally overlooked. In terms of the game I logged the most hours on, then it's got to be SegaGT 2002, closely followed by the original Forza.

Hard to pick. I'll go with Ninja Gaiden, sometimes it was just frustrating, but I enjoy a good challenge.

I liked how the original Xbox revitalized the Dead or Alive series by incorporating extremely beautiful graphics that could not be rivaled back in the day. It was every fighting game fanatic's dream to play DOA for the Xbox. That probably is my favorite game for the original Xbox.

Indigo Prophecy. That game was amazing. I still play it to this day.

Halo. The first one. Full stop.
Seriously, that game rocked my world. I remember endless afternoon spent playing that game with the beastly controller of the first Xbox. That thing was huge! Yet pratictal, in the end.
So yeah, Halo all the way.

Gauntlet is my favorite original xbox game, I love playing with my son and we've worked up our characters to the max. We play the 360 most of the time but it's fun to pull out the old favorites from time to time!

My favorite of all time would have to be Golden Eye. I think every gamer has spent good chunk of their youth playing multi-player on that game.

I can't say, I don't play on the original anymore. I remember playing Halo, Combat Evolved. It was OK but I wouldn't even try to compare it to the Halo recently released.

Vice City, it always looked better on the XBOX than PS2, i still play the game now, it never gets boring, GTA3 and Vice City where ground breaking games.

I think it is a three way tie between kotor, battlefront, and lord of the rings games. All three of them were fun and had great gameplay, and I never got sick of any of them.

I think my favourite game was Simpson hit and run. Spent my whole childhood playing this game :) I also loved "Finding Nemo" and "Amped 2". I think that there were better games on the old Xbox... or is it just me that's growing up :confused:

I love Psychonauts, Fable, Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time, Hunter the Reckoning, Otogi and Otogi 2, Ninja Gaiden, Beyond Good and Evil, Shenmue 2 and of course the Halo games. The original Xbox was a great system and I still love it and find it impressive.

I really liked Morrowind. Skyrim is way better, but I expect that from a much newer game on a newer system now.

I can't say, I don't play on the original anymore. I remember playing Halo, Combat Evolved. It was OK but I wouldn't even try to compare it to the Halo recently released.

I think it's unfair to compare the original Xbox to the 360 because the 360 has far more horsepower. Also, the two consoles are from different eras with the original having been realized at a time with less advanced technology as compared to the current technology that we have. Yes, the Halo games of the 360have far better graphics and gameplay but that is a result of a more advanced technology.

The original Halo served as a foundation of the great First person shooter games that we see today.

Back