Xbox 360 FIFA Soccer 13 Kinect Integration

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Okay, this is for all of you soccer/football fans. I'm not into soccer, but the game does look really polished. It will be interesting to see if the fans like the Kinect integration or not.

[video=youtube;l4ks6wghBMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4ks6wghBMQ&feature=plcp[/video]

This seems nice, very nice. But let's say that somebody who is not a native English speaker gets the kinect, plays Fifa 13 and the sensor doesn't recognize what he's saying because he doesn't pronounce it very well...what to do?

The integration of the Kinect looks like a wonderful step forward for the FIFA franchise. As Gasculescu said some native speakers may have trouble with Kinect due to their accent. The Kinect for FIFA 13 wouldn't do me well, because I often get frustrated during matches. :p

I'm not a big fan of it, I used it before and it was okay but I want to play the usual way.

It's things like this that I'd like to see companies focus on with Kinect, as well as hopefully with the next-gen version some facial mapping for players in career modes. But this reminds me a lot of Skyrim and how much the voice commands in there changed the gameplay for me. In game voice substitutions fit games like this and NHL (which has on the fly line changes) pretty well IMO.

Madden on the other hand wasn't as innovative.

Back