Xbox One First Screens Emerge for EA Sports UFC 2014

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
EA released the first in-game screens for EA Sports UFC, showcasing Jon "Bones" Jones on the Xbox One and PS4.

jonjones09hireswmjpg-e9725a_960w.jpg

jonjones00screenres-1jpg-885ee5_960w.jpg

Jones is the first of two cover athletes for EA Sports UFC –– the second will be announced later today, following voting for either Georges St-Pierre or Alexander Gustafsson. EA Sports UFC will feature a roster of over 100 MMA athletes, and EA is promising additional screens to accompany further fighter announcements in the coming months.

Source: IGN

Looking good. i haven't played one of these in a while so I'll definitely consider picking it up. How do you guys feel about the series?

I guess it's worth a try. I mean, I haven't played the game or even the previous one. But after seeing this post and seeing who are the possible players on the game, well this will be worth a shot. I guess it's high time for games like these to show up. I just hope it's more interactive.

Seeing how great those screens look makes me wish Pride FC was still in business so we could see those games with the same great graphics. There was some Pride FC in previous UFC games, but I'd prefer full on Pride.

I want to see this game in motion. Graphic screens these days don't mean squat sometimes. When I see that the graphical quality is good in video, then I'll believe. Until then, give me a video. The Wither 3 proved itself to be great in screen AND video. Let's see this game do it.

I want to see this game in motion. Graphic screens these days don't mean squat sometimes. When I see that the graphical quality is good in video, then I'll believe. Until then, give me a video. The Wither 3 proved itself to be great in screen AND video. Let's see this game do it.

Agreed. We need to see it in action. If it can at least be like The Witcher 3 and show some gameplay videos, EA Sports UFC may be the real next-gen game in the world MMA games for the next-generation. Until then, I'm taking this with a grain of digital salt.

EA Sports UFC will be the only "next-gen" game in the world for MMA games in this generation unless some company does what EA did when they couldn't get the UFC license and cobble together an MMA game with freelancers and legends.

Seeing how great those screens look makes me wish Pride FC was still in business so we could see those games with the same great graphics. There was some Pride FC in previous UFC games, but I'd prefer full on Pride.

Man, I would LOVE a new Pride FC game. It was like MMA with pro wrestling/live concert production. Almost every fight had an epic air around it from the entrances to the introductions that UFC fights don't really have until it gets down in the rounds.

it looks great but the controls on the last few have been eh... idk it becomes very narrow in controls where it should be much more free. i dont know how to enplane it.

Stiff? Much better than the controls on the original two UFC games (Sudden Impact and the other one), but not where they should be by this time?

I found the UFC games in that middle ground between stiff and fluid. The games should be more...instinctual and fluid. THQ handled those games and they made the WWE games more fluid and instinctual, that should've carried over to UFC.

Let me see a video! Look, the screenshots can look stunning and awesome as much as they can but if this game's video doesn't do these screens justice, than sorry but I'm not gonna be amazed these screens for long.

You know the last gen versions were nice on the eyes, I can only imagine what next-gen could look like.

You know the last gen versions were nice on the eyes, I can only imagine what next-gen could look like.

Yup, nice on the eyes but we need gameplay. Gameplay is what will make or break this game. If it won't show greatness to make these screens awesome, then it's just a pretty-looking title with mundane gameplay. But we'll see if EA can do it.

I found the UFC games in that middle ground between stiff and fluid. The games should be more...instinctual and fluid. THQ handled those games and they made the WWE games more fluid and instinctual, that should've carried over to UFC.

That's something needed to be done to make a great change. Yeah, I noticed that too. Stiff and fluid. Now if they can pull it off with this new game, then I'll be impressed.

if they made it a 2 part game.. in corp the ufc trainer/kinect and the ufc fighting game it would be a great buy.

i bought the ufc "fighter"game and dont think i actually played it. on 360...

the graphics look sick.. but come on if the gameplay is stiff its really going to feel very last gen... and in all honesty im not exactly sure how they can change that.

if they made it a 2 part game.. in corp the ufc trainer/kinect and the ufc fighting game it would be a great buy.

i bought the ufc "fighter"game and dont think i actually played it. on 360...

the graphics look sick.. but come on if the gameplay is stiff its really going to feel very last gen... and in all honesty im not exactly sure how they can change that.

Exactly. That's something they really need to change. They can shower us all they want with these gorgeous visuals but if all we get are the same stiff fluid movements then blah, whatever.

I think EA will get it right this time, but it's just a matter of what will be messed up in the game given their track record as of late.

That's a good point. EA has been...janky lately. Maybe 2014 will be better for them.

I'm going to be optimistic about EA's UFC and say it will be good. I'm going to give EA a break this year and say they can do it.

Well, all we can do is wait and see. I'll reserve my judgement. After all, EA, for all the mistakes they made over the years, they make up for it with the rights they actually execute. So let's see it happen.

Now with all this talk about graphics and gameplay out, let's try branching out a new sub-segment: fighters. Who do you think will be featured in this game? Gimme a Weidman! And gimme a Rousey!

Back