Free games for Xbox Live Gold members, January 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc_shark

jan 2016

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Killer Instinct: Season 1 Ultra Edition ($39.99 ERP) for free during the month of January. Zheros will be available as a free download from January 16th to February 15th

On Xbox 360, starting Friday, 01 January, DiRT Showdown ($14.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through January 15th. Then on January 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Deus Ex: Human Revolution ($14.99 ERP) for free through January 31st.

http://majornelson.com/2015/12/21/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-january-2016/

February 2016 games with gold

At the start of the month, the "action-RPG/deck builder" card game Hand of Fates will be available to Xbox One owners. While some might write off Hand of Fates as just another digital card game, it offers interesting card combat experiences with 3D card assets. Then, on February 16, Xbox One owners will have the opportunity to nab Styx: Master of Shadows, an action-RPG title that features a goblin assassin that relies on stealth more than combat to survive a magical world.

As for Xbox 360 owners, the side-scrolling action game Sacred Citadel will be available on February 1. More notably, Marus Fenix's second act in Gears of War 2 will be downloadable. Successor to the original Gears of War, Gears of War 2 builds upon the award-winning, over-the-top gory, third-person shooter that has become a mainstay franchise - so much so that Microsoft bought the rights to it from Epic.

so hand of fate is a awesome game hands down one of the better titles that got no recognition.. its been out for a year or so..

styx is an ok game very assasins creed parkor playstyle with puzzles.. unlike ac you do get punished for going rogue or just in for the kill... I have played it but have very little actual progress

I like Hand of Fate and it is great fun. The combat is exciting but simple and the design is the strong point of the game. It has several familiar elements from collectible card games and adventure games and you get a feeling of deja vu while playing it.

I'll have to download Styx and give it a try; I like the Assassin's Creed-type stealth games. Also big on puzzles so maybe I'll get some entertainment out of that one. *Fingers crossed*

I have downloaded Killer Instinct and I must say that I have been impressed with it so far. Moreover, I got it free which is awesome because I was planning on buying it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back