friend request

darbella

Do other people get requests from people that they don't know? The other night I got two, one was actually from a buddy that had to setup a new account since his last one was hacked. The other I have no idea who the person is and they wont reply to a message. Can you block yourself from a public list?

I don't get them frequently, but I have gotten a couple in the past. I don't know if there's a way to block yourself but personally, I just refuse the request if I don't already know the person. The way I see it, if a message doesn't come along with the request letting me know who they are, then they don't want me to know who they are, and if they want to remain anonymous, they can remain that way off of my friends list!

The few that I get either in game (any game) or online I tend to ignore. Sometimes I will reply with something generic but most times if they are hunting for prey to spam I just block them.

I agree with iHeartNY. If I'm not expecting a friend request from someone I know in real life, the request had better come with a message telling me what's up, because that's the only way I'll add them. If some random friend request pops up by itself, I just ignore it.

I get it if its something randomly new but the few times I added people like this a while back I had to go and remove them within a month. Non-stop asking me "Whats up" or my age. Really? I am a grown women with children in the house, I do not like being stalked through the TV.

I get it if its something randomly new but the few times I added people like this a while back I had to go and remove them within a month. Non-stop asking me "Whats up" or my age. Really? I am a grown women with children in the house, I do not like being stalked through the TV.

That's why I don't even add someone unless I know them personally. The whole idea of making new friends (even if they're just "game friends") through Xbox Live is a great concept, but there's no way to filter all the creeps and immature kids out, so I just stick with having people on there that I actually know.

Back