Xbox 360 Game of the Year

Zelda

Maybe it was sour grapes, but I've read some talk about how Skyrim didn't deserve Game of the Year. Some are saying that it was because of the massive publicity. I guess there's a case to be made for that reasoning. On the other hand, you could say that the publicity was in response to the quality of the game. How do you feel about this?

Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken and RidgeRacer games..........

Mass-Effect-3-007.jpg

_________
Best collection of racing game online on your demands.
Play the thousands 3d action games @ freeactiongamesforpc.com without downloading.

Mass Effect 3 can totally give Skyrim a run for its money in the Game of the Year competition. One thing that Mass Effect has going for it is the conclusion of the story. The game itself is awesome, but the trilogy aspect gives it an extra edge.

After playing Skyrim, I can't really say I disagree with the other people who are out there saying it didn't deserve Game of the Year. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but it's not the best game I've ever played, or even the best game I've played this year. On the one hand, it is a long, broad, expansive game, but on the other hand, graphics are second-rate, the game is glitchy and it became monotonous and boring all too quickly. But hey, that's just my opinion and I'm sure there are others out there that disagree! :~)

Skyrim wouldn't be my choice either, but I don't have a problem with it being named game of the year. I have friends who don't normally like RPGs who absolutely love Skyrim. It's a game that has a huge loyal fan base, there's clearly something behind that popularity.

Back