Xbox One Gaming console from Google

davidj212

Well I have been hearing this topic be talked about by more and more people now. The rumor is that Google is coming out with their very own gaming console. I have tried some researching but I couldn't find anything on it. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Rumor has it that Google is working on a gaming console but some analysts are saying that the next Nexus Q will include this gaming feature. Maybe we will see some device released by the end of this year. The previous unreleased Nexus Q had amazing and unique design. It runs on Android version 4.0 with internal memory of 16GB. It had a dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM. There are lot of connections included also giving you the perfect console for streaming content.

Would You Buy a Game Console from Google? « Game Consoles « Online Gadget Store

If they ever manage to put out a gaming console, it will most likely be the end of Sony and Microsoft. They are more known around the globe, and more likely for an average consumer to buy a Google product instead of a Sony or Microsoft product. They are most likely going to make an Android-based console from the information described.

Wait! What!? A gaming console make by google? Will it ask me to have google glass in order to play? Nope, I really don't see google creating a console... Unless they would be able to create something just like xbox one and playstation 4 but with a lower price and great features. Because they have no credibility for when it comes to gaming... when you hear Google, you don't get gaming in your mind, you get something like : O yeah, the guys that drive me crazy with accepting the new rules on youtube and changing my username.

Also, Google can easily leverage their own multi-billion dollar advertising platform to get the necessary exposure they would need to outdo both Microsoft and Sony. However, I hardly think things will work out that perfectly, as Microsoft does have 30% of the US market with Bing. I would love to see Google giving it a shot, although they are actually very inexperienced as a game company. If they do try to compete at all, it will likely be in the mobile market as you referenced, Ozadin, seeing as that is where a large portion of their money and finesse is as well.

Google as a gaming company would be interesting;. But I do agree, it might end up being a mobile-type deal. As a console, it could work if they extend out to other parts of the world aside from the US, since a lot of people know what Google is. If they do put the effort in, I don't see why Google wouldn't be successful at whatever it is they try to do. After all,they ARE Google, super rich internet giant of the present day.

Sounds Neat, i think i am going to look up some more info on this. It would make since that it would ruin Sony and Microsoft's Gaming industry. But i doubt it will ruin them as a whole.

I'm not sure how well the Google console would fair. I imagine that it'd be fairly priced but outside of a few home markets, there's just too much competition. Especially if Valve releases a Steam console then there's no reason for Google to really get into the console business. I'm sure that with Apple and Google having their own competition and getting into a saturated market, that anything is possible.

Android is a very popular mobile platform and you could list the pros and cons for miles, but in the end I as a gamer who plays multiple consoles wouldn't be getting into the Android games when I have things here.

With all of those thoughts put out there, its possible that Google could have a market similar to the Wii when it came out and dominate a market share for an amount of time like that. Time will tell.

I'm not sure how well the Google console would fair. I imagine that it'd be fairly priced but outside of a few home markets, there's just too much competition. Especially if Valve releases a Steam console then there's no reason for Google to really get into the console business. I'm sure that with Apple and Google having their own competition and getting into a saturated market, that anything is possible.

Android is a very popular mobile platform and you could list the pros and cons for miles, but in the end I as a gamer who plays multiple consoles wouldn't be getting into the Android games when I have things here.

With all of those thoughts put out there, its possible that Google could have a market similar to the Wii when it came out and dominate a market share for an amount of time like that. Time will tell.

Bingo. IMO, we're seeing an influx of Android based consoles with Ouya, the Steambox, Mad Catz Project MOJO, Gamestick and Game Pop. So if Google jumps into the console foray, there would be 5-6 consoles and there couple be more. While there could be some benefits to that, that dilution would likely cause too much market segmentation and problems with game licensing, etc. There would also be some pretty pissed off companies (the aforementioned) as Google would likely bankrupt them if they truly tried to compete by buying exclusives and they'd have to do those sort of things to compete with N/MS/Sony.

The more the merrier! If Google would release its own gaming console, I think that it would be a cross between the Wii U and the Xbox One when it comes to innovation. I don't know about the games that would be released for it though. Will it be dependent on the Play Store? I don't like to play Temple Run all over again on a new system. But if they do release a gaming console, I think that they would first test the waters with a handheld. Then move on to the home console.

I've heard of the idea being entertained, but I have yet to hear anything remotely close to official confirmation. Given that Google is a juggernaut, it would probably sell many units based on their name alone, although with the advent of the internet, more people will be informed as to how it holds up against the competition. With that being said, I'm sure they'd be able to produce a great machine, although it would probably be bad for the game market; really, do we need four major companies fighting for control of exclusives? Perhaps Google making something similar to the Steam Box (with its own set of unique properties, of course) would be a better idea.

Pft. What will it play? Android games? We already have Ouya for that.

But we'll see, perhaps Google will dip into the videogame industry and manage to come up with a system that can compete with the "big 3".

It would not surprise me if Google made a gaming console. They seem to be trying to branch out into everything and succeeding.
I think it'd be quite interesting and if done well, a top competitor for Microsoft and Sony.

Back