Xbox One Good News - Microsoft says that they are not against the reusing of used games

lindbergh

This was one big issue before - the issue where Microsoft would combat the reusing of old games. For now, they have dismissed this issue stating that they have no problems when it comes to old games being reused. Well it's dang right not their problem. Consumers can do what they want to do with the games that they have bought.

Oh, so they've finally commented on that awful rumor? Good, now we can put it to rest. Friggin' rumors... care to share a source link?

Man, I hope this is true. OP, please provide a source on this if you have one. I still want to be able to rent and borrow games.

I'm glad to see that they finally said something about this rumor. I really hope that this true because if it isn't I don't think I would be getting a new Xbox at all. Do you have a link for this information? Thanks for sharing!

In my honest opinion, I find it very stupid to not let customers reuse used games, I can't think how that benefits Microsoft or the customers AT ALL, I hope what OP is saying is truth.
To OP: You should always include the source of the information you're posting, thanks.

I am glad most of this thread is in agreement. The fact that Microsoft was considering even topping our used games was a real let down from their company. I know they are not the most consumer focused group, but they should have it in them to let the gaming community do what they want with the used games we own.

I can't post any links because it says I need to have more than 25 posts in order to post links so go on Google and type "Examiner xbox 720 anti-used games" and you will find the news article.

I think I won't buy the Xbox 720 if they implement the anti-used games software given that if I'm buying their product I want to be able to use the games I had prior to that purchase and to be able to do what I want with the console. I see it like being in a relationship with your new girlfriend and she telling you "You can't use any of the underwear you had before you met me because other people saw it so you must get new ones or we can't do this" and you having to buy new underwear because she tells you so.

I know that digital distribution has become increasingly popular, but I really hope the option is always option to use games you did not originally buy. I mean, it's business, making each person buy the games they want to play rather than purchasing them brand new, but it really kills popularity. So I'm definitely glad to hear that this won't be the case.

Phew. I am big advocate of used games, this is reassuring news to me. I just hope that game developers won't be deterred from programming for the Xbox, since they know they'll get less profit.

One thing I am interested in is that the PS4 will NOT carry over PSN purchases. I am very curious how Microsoft chooses to deal with this. I know the devs are pushing hard for this, if PS4 has the tech to block used games I wonder if MS has something similar but is keeping quiet about it.

This makes me happy, although I was skeptical that they were actually leaning against used games...that would just be awful for their fan-base :p

Meh, you guys aren't looking at the bigger picture. Just because they aren't against used games, doesn't mean they won't be implementing a paywall.
Look at the persistent rumors about the Next-Box being an always online console, that lends itself to paywalls in a number of ways.

User A buys a game from Gamestop, plays it for two weeks and trades it in.
User B purchases User A's used game, pops it in his Next-Box. Next-Box says "This game was previously owned by User A, You are User B, in order to play this disc you must pay X amount."

It's really not that farfetched, in fact its a natural evolution of the Online Passes we're dealing with at the moment. That's the issue that really scares me.

I am glad most of this thread is in agreement. The fact that Microsoft was considering even topping our used games was a real let down from their company. I know they are not the most consumer focused group, but they should have it in them to let the gaming community do what they want with the used games we own.

They just said this to sound pretty an sweet but yes they are putting some policy on used games! Its on their site! on their fucking site!!

"In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends. Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners.

if you want to read the whole thing- (news.xbox.com/2013/06/license) oh and dont forget to put in the http or whatever

fuck all their bullshit! i getting a PS4 and am tired of paying for live and PS4 is looking very promising and Micro$oft just wants my money! :mad::mad:

I can totally see publishers like EA jumping in and making it difficult somehow for players to play used games on the Xbox One. I mean, heck, they already have on our current console generation. The fact that this is now common talk... yeah, I'm positive more games than we think will have some kind of system in place preventing us to play used games (for the initial price anyway). Nonetheless, the fact that it's not a console-wide deal is a little bit encouraging.

Back