Series S Guest Accounts, controller settings and other account

Matrix

I apologise but hope this is the correct place to ask my question because I can't find anything on the Microsoft Xbox websites and this rambles a bit but need to so I can explain.

So I have an XBox Series S with one controller and I play games online with my 2 grandsons who live three hours away and and have an XBox One. We create a party to chat and play on their Minecraft world. I have my preferred settings for my controller where I have swapped the left and right sticks and swapped the D-Pads so that Up is Y, Down is A, left is X and right is B.

Obviously my son-in-law is the Account holder on their machine and they have their own gamertags but can only play when son-in-law is signed in, obviously.

On one visit to my home they brought their controllers to my house so they could play on my XBox and my Minecraft world but when I tried to connect them as a guest their controllers were stuck with all my reversed controller settings and they just could not play.

So my question is this - is it possible to sign my two grandsons into my XBox as guests but with the default controller settings on their controllers? I am quite tech savvy with computers and android mobile phones but the XBox is not very intuitive and there is a lack of information on the XBox websites which tend to answer only the questions they want to answer. If it is possible please could anyone explain how to do this and I won't be offended if you use enough detail for a beginner.

Thank you

Back