Xbox One Headset issues

JLD28

My son has the XBox One S. It has two wireless controllers. I bought him a Turtle Bay 50X wired headset. When he first started using the headset, there were no problems. After about 4 months, it stopped working with the controller. I also should mention it only would work with one to begin with. The headset would work when plugged into my phone. Turtle Bay sent us a new headset, and that one worked for 2 months then quit. Same issue. I reached out to XBox support and they told me it was probably the controller. So I bought a brand new controller, and it worked for about 3 weeks and now it quit working again. WTF is the problem? When he goes to party it says no microphone connected. I am beyond frustrated at this point. Are we missing something obvious?

He does have the rechargeable battery packs for the controllers. Could those be causing some sort of interference?

Will regular rechargeable batteries work? I have the battery packs that hook into the controller

Hi. I think tha the problem may be that the network is what the cause is. I recommend checking if the connection is stable while using the headset to chat online with on xbox live.

Why would it be the network? The headset doesn't work at all with the controller. It works find with any other device. He can't even use it to just listen to his game. It is beyond frustrating.

Back