Hello community

SlingoChik

I was burned in a fire so I haven’t played on my Xbox in a little over two years. So I’m trying to set it up again and I am having trouble connecting to my network. I think it has to do with the IP and the sub and the gateway and all of that, I just can’t figure out how to get those items populated because automatic isn’t happening

Sounds like you may have some conflicts going on. If you're trying to connect your XBox to your wireless then I suggest you remove any and all instances of connections that your XBox may already have. Meaning, if you've made multiple attempts to connect and you're trying to alter those connections to fix the problem then you should just delete all those and start from scratch. Also make sure your router doesn't have any device restrictions on it. Some routers will have security features that will only allow specific devices to connect to it to ensure others will not be allowed. Generally you would have to have made that change manually but you never know so you may want to check that out. For the time being, if you can, I would connect the XBox directly to your router via ethernet cable and make sure your XBox is fully updated. After that go back and make sure you removed all instances of any wireless connections listed in the XBox and try establishing a connection again. Reboot your XBox and router. The connection should be simple to make. All you need is the SSID and password you created to connect to the router. Your router should be using DHCP routing which means it will assign an IP address automatically. If you're using a STATIC IP then you need to remove that because you will need to enter that IP each time you try to connect to the router. There shouldn't be a need to manually deal with IP's or DNS or Subnets and things like that. It should all be automatic.
So, remember, clear out eveything, connect directly to your internet router via ethernet cable and update the XBox, reboot the XBox, reboot the router and try establishing your wireless connection again.

Back