Xbox One How do I get my Xbox One to sign me in automatically without kinect?

Charles456k

How do I get my Xbox One to sign me in automatically without kinect? I've tried the whole auto sign in with my kinect, but cant get it to work cause I sit to far from my tv. Now every time I turn on my Xbox One, I have to manually sign in every time. How do I get it to sign me in automatically?

Again another question I need answered as well! We are all going to point these issues OUT! I can not seem to find this out either as it is one of the few things that slipped my mind!

without kinect it has no way of figuring out who you are. that was the genius of kinect.

i dont use kinect and have to sign in manually but come on its stupid easy go to what you want hit a and hit a again f you are the only name or account created.

its not 360.. it dosnt assume only 1 person is connected to the system. it dosnt auto loggin.. its a privacy thing. it recognizes you with kinect via voice and whatever video parameters it builds you as.. same thing with iphone5 and the finger key/lock thing.

When you power on the console at the top left you'll see profile bar. Click on it then click your user name to sign in without the kinect.

without kinect it has no way of figuring out who you are. that was the genius of kinect.

i dont use kinect and have to sign in manually but come on its stupid easy go to what you want hit a and hit a again f you are the only name or account created.

its not 360.. it dosnt assume only 1 person is connected to the system. it dosnt auto loggin.. its a privacy thing. it recognizes you with kinect via voice and whatever video parameters it builds you as.. same thing with iphone5 and the finger key/lock thing.

After a certain update, the 360 would allow you to choose which profile you wanted to login with automatically (even if you have a family live account). It's not assuming that only 1 person is using the device.. it only had a feature that, if the user wished, could allow their account to be the one automatically logged in. The Xbox One should allow you to set an account to auto login without kinect, especially if there is only one account on the entire system. I don't use Kinect because I don't care for it. Should I be denied the convenience of auto logging into my Xbox One, which no one else uses, because I do not care for their accessory?

I understand all I have to do is press a couple buttons, however I feel differently. When I turn on my Xbox, it should be able to be set to my settings, not some public use setting. Especially if it was a capability on the 360 (and the Windows platform on PCs for that matter, which I'm sure Microsoft is familiar with). I'm hopeful for an update in the future if enough people complain about the little conveniences that Microsoft is changing to push their kinect. Shoot, they turned a 180 on their new business model because people complained, and the only thing bad about it was the 24 hour check in and kinect being required to be plugged in.

After a certain update, the 360 would allow you to choose which profile you wanted to login with automatically (even if you have a family live account). It's not assuming that only 1 person is using the device.. it only had a feature that, if the user wished, could allow their account to be the one automatically logged in. The Xbox One should allow you to set an account to auto login without kinect, especially if there is only one account on the entire system. I don't use Kinect because I don't care for it. Should I be denied the convenience of auto logging into my Xbox One, which no one else uses, because I do not care for their accessory?

I understand all I have to do is press a couple buttons, however I feel differently. When I turn on my Xbox, it should be able to be set to my settings, not some public use setting. Especially if it was a capability on the 360 (and the Windows platform on PCs for that matter, which I'm sure Microsoft is familiar with). I'm hopeful for an update in the future if enough people complain about the little conveniences that Microsoft is changing to push their kinect. Shoot, they turned a 180 on their new business model because people complained, and the only thing bad about it was the 24 hour check in and kinect being required to be plugged in.

i am now always logged in you have to go to your profile(on dash) and setup for it to recognize you or auto login when the system boots. i dont have kinect hooked up... its still in the box wrapped up.
iirc it ha a box you can check or highlight that says always remember or something on those lines.

When i first set it up I did manual log in then I went back and did Kinect sign in. Still I have to go up to the top left and sign in. I looked in settings and can't find the damn option to turn off manual sign in.

Back