Xbox One How many will download the digital version vs picking up disc at local store?

KCJRMC

I will be busy all day when this comes out. So I am thinking once I wake up in the morning to head into work starting up the Xbox one and downloading the digital version. This will be my first game that is digital.

What way will you be installing the game "Digital or disc"?

I only buy digital is there is no other version, so I preordered the disc like usual.

I prefer digital though I used to buy a lot of discs. It also depends upon your connection and if you have trouble downloading a game it is better to buy a disc. Digital versions may cost a bit less than the disc versions.

This will be the only time that I will be taking a digital copy. I haven't had enough time to buy stuff so I guess that would be the best option for most of us who are always busy and on the go. I can't wait to get the full version and start kicking some butt.

I am sort of surprised there is not a lot going on here about this game with the release 1 week away and it being touted as such a great game.

I see some places with a lot of TF talk, posting about the maps and so on.

This will be the only time that I will be taking a digital copy. I haven't had enough time to buy stuff so I guess that would be the best option for most of us who are always busy and on the go. I can't wait to get the full version and start kicking some butt.

Count me in man. I'm taking this bad guy on digital for sure.

I've been going digital with most of my games so this will be no different. I was surprised that we were not allowed to digitally preorder and preload the game, but hopefully that's something MSFT will look into. Is anyone getting the season pass? I likely will.

Yea I am sure with time that Microsoft will incorporate this feature. But in all honesty when like steam does this it is to alleviate the network from overload at once. It is possible Microsoft feels their network won't be overloaded with people playing and download.

But all in all I hope they bring this feature in future updates... I really hope they have the game + DLC package digital.

when price drops in a few months i will pick the game up. no pro order or download for me. odds are i will go disk.. i hate swapping them but dont have a cc or paypal linked to my account. i really wish gamestop or microsoft would figure out hoe to give a code out for the game so you could download it like it was xbox live card.

when price drops in a few months i will pick the game up. no pro order or download for me. odds are i will go disk.. i hate swapping them but dont have a cc or paypal linked to my account. i really wish gamestop or microsoft would figure out hoe to give a code out for the game so you could download it like it was xbox live card.

Well I saw on the gamestop webpage a digital preorder. Sounded like they would email you a code for the game when it becomes available... Not sure if this is what your talking about or not. But sounds like it.

Well I saw on the gamestop webpage a digital preorder. Sounded like they would email you a code for the game when it becomes available... Not sure if this is what your talking about or not. But sounds like it.

it is.. but im still not pre ordering titanfall.. the beta was fun but it lost its luster fast for me.

it is.. but im still not pre ordering titanfall.. the beta was fun but it lost its luster fast for me.

I haven't tried the beta before even though I had it on my console. Well I might have to hold back on getting titanfall for the meantime. I might have to look at how the game goes by reading some comments.

everyone seems to like it.. the beta is doing well.. its been up for ever it seems(to long imo).. i got some 20 hrs logged and stopped cold turkey.. i am sure the full game will be decent.. i am still not sold on it being next gen.

imo its just another fps only has a mec.. it feels very cod ish...

but beyond that this is the time of year fun stuff starts happning... shark fishing is about 4 weeks out.. cobia spawn is 6-8 weeks out. inshore fishing should pick up. drag racing will get back into the swing of things. i will be on the xb1 less.. and i would rather invest money in my boat or a new daily driver than my console.. everything has its time of the year but for me the console is late fall/winter.. right now i am heavily invested in fishing gear and getting my tackle updated and straightened out for offshore fishing.buying new reels'rods re spooling.. attending car meets and such.

I will pre order Titan fall once I have extra budget by next week, hope they could come up with a discount for it by next week so I can save money. Yes, I will be pre ordering it on digital to save time and money as well.

These days, digital is the way to go. With game production becoming more big budget these days, the number of discs per game is also rising, It's annoying enough that you have to continuously switch disks inbetween gaming.

I bought the physical copy. Now that the xbox one discs are bluray, they can hold a lot more, therefore we won't have multi-disc games anymore. I much prefer having the physical copies of games, just feels more classic to me.

I bought the physical copy. Now that the xbox one discs are bluray, they can hold a lot more, therefore we won't have multi-disc games anymore. I much prefer having the physical copies of games, just feels more classic to me.

Yeah, plus you can still keep it and collect it. But I'm still open to digital as well.

Yeah, plus you can still keep it and collect it. But I'm still open to digital as well.

Well you have a point there. But I really am a fan of digital copies now that we have torrents and other stuff available.

Well you have a point there. But I really am a fan of digital copies now that we have torrents and other stuff available.

Yeah, torrents do help. But I would love to see a new app that makes downloads way faster than torrents.

Well, it may be slightly paranoid, but I'm sticking with physical copies in case anything ever happens and I lose my digital copy. I'm not saying it will, since I abide by the rules, but at the same time there's that little voice at the back of my mind saying, 'Yeah, but what if?' Same with books for me. Although I do sometimes double dip and get the digital copy and the physical, for the backup and because I'm lazy and don't want to switch games out every time I want to play a different one.

Back