How seriously do you take your clan?

One_chic_gamer

I am not a hardcore online multiplayer gamer but a friend of mine is. He spent the better part of the last couple years as the member of the same clan. The name changed when everyone upgraded from the 360 to the One and switched from COD to Battlefield, but the people stayed the same. Some drama surfaced within the group over the past couple of weeks and he decided to leave the clan. Now people who weren't involved in the drama are upset because he left the group. I think everyone's taking this all too seriously but then, I'm not that hardcore gamer.

I just use my clan as a place to get all the newest gaming info, and if i Need some teammates to just add some people.

It all depends on the style of clan. For most clans I have with my friends, its rather not-serious at all. When I join a clan specifically tailored towards multi-player or competitive play than my own demeanor and style of play changes. These days I mostly stick to playing with friends because being part of a clan with regular practices, tryouts, and other events can be very time-consuming. Its really fun to be part of something larger, especially if everyone's interests/goals are largely in sync however!

I never took clan membership very seriously but I never tried to join any of the big, well-known clans either. If I had had to try out for the clan or something like that then I would probably take it a lot more seriously.

I don't really take them seriously I'm like the guy that get's kicked out for not complying or doing anything really. But some of my friends, they would die for theirs, really dedicated.

Why would some want to take a clan seriously? Unless you are really trying to do some thing in real life, why would one get serious about it? Nope, it's just a game and I play it like a game.

Back