Xbox One How would you rate The Witcher 3? Is it worth it?

knives0302

Have you tried this game? Is it worth my money and time. I'm actually looking for an RPG game that I would enjoy for hours. I'm a hardcore gamer so I need something enjoyable and worth my time. If you have any thoughts whether this game is good or not please reply to this post. Either way if you have any suggestions, please leave a message. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been playing the Witcher since it started so I can say this would be a good buy. Even if I haven't tried the Xbox One version I guess (judging from the trailers) it would be a good addition to your list. I also suggest having Fable and the upcoming Final Fantasy 15. Elder Scrolls Online would be out to but we still have to wait and see if it is better than the previous version.

I've played Witcher from the start. The gameplay sure is good so I would recommend getting the latest version. Either way I agree with Dom0411 about his suggestions. But personally I would wait for Final Fantasy 15 to go out before I decide. I think it will be the best game yet released for Xbox One.

I've not yet played Witcher but I've watched the videos and I gotta say: it's stunning. I've also read the many aspects of the game such as the choice system where it affects how the game ends for you. I thought it was like a copycat to Skyrim but no, it's a game that has a league of its own. Though I'll get the game on PC, it's still a great addition for the Xbox One. Definitely an RPG to look out for.

I personally would suggest having Diablo 3 once it's out and The Witcher. I've tried both (well the previous version of the witcher) and both are splendid when it comes to gameplay and graphics. Not sure about Final Fantasy 15 though. Will it be changed to the classic turn based style? I still have hopes that it would be changed to it.

I personally would suggest having Diablo 3 once it's out and The Witcher. I've tried both (well the previous version of the witcher) and both are splendid when it comes to gameplay and graphics. Not sure about Final Fantasy 15 though. Will it be changed to the classic turn based style? I still have hopes that it would be changed to it.

Nomura said it's going to be the action-RPG type of gameplay. While FF13 tried to do that, FF15 is going to take a different course when it comes to the gameplay. I believe Lightning Returns is a glimpse of what FF15 will be all about. But definitely no more turn-based gameplay. But who knows? Nomura can change FF15 into whatever he wants at the snap of a finger. But I highly doubt he'll change it back to its turn-based style.

I've seen the video and no, it doesn't look like it'll go back to the classic turn-based style. So no more turn-based.

Nomura said it's going to be the action-RPG type of gameplay. While FF13 tried to do that, FF15 is going to take a different course when it comes to the gameplay. I believe Lightning Returns is a glimpse of what FF15 will be all about. But definitely no more turn-based gameplay. But who knows? Nomura can change FF15 into whatever he wants at the snap of a finger. But I highly doubt he'll change it back to its turn-based style.

I've seen the video and no, it doesn't look like it'll go back to the classic turn-based style. So no more turn-based.

Aw. Too bad. I was hoping that they would change it back to the usual turn based type. Either way, I'm still looking forward to it. I just wish there was a video release on how the game looks like. Any thoughts on when will this be released? It only says on the site 2014. Nothing more than that. I hope they could add more skills and playable characters (if possible).

Aw. Too bad. I was hoping that they would change it back to the usual turn based type. Either way, I'm still looking forward to it. I just wish there was a video release on how the game looks like. Any thoughts on when will this be released? It only says on the site 2014. Nothing more than that. I hope they could add more skills and playable characters (if possible).

Nomura's the kind of guy who wants to revolutionize a system. See how he worked Kingdom Hearts? Now he's working like a maniac as well on KH3. The guy's got so much in his mind that he's doing all he can to really show it to us. But he just won't reveal more about the games.

The only video I know that shows what it looks like was in E3 2013 and Tokyo Game Show 2013. Other than that, nothing else. As for the release date, we'll wait and see. Nomura's the kind of guy who says when the game's done or when it's about to be done, he'll announce the date. When FF15's done, then KH3 will be getting done too. I hope. I hope there are more stuff to added yeah.

Oh and by the way: the trailer in E3 revealed something about "the Versus Epic". Nomura stated the story of FF15 is so big that FF15 might be part of a trilogy. Oh boy.

The Witcher 3 is going to be spectacular. That game montage for Xbox One alone just had me go nuts! Woohoo! Yes, it's going to be a great game. It's definitely a next-gen RPG, to be sure. You gotta get that one when it comes out!

The Witcher 3 is going to be spectacular. That game montage for Xbox One alone just had me go nuts! Woohoo! Yes, it's going to be a great game. It's definitely a next-gen RPG, to be sure. You gotta get that one when it comes out!

I gotta say. I absolutely, totally agree with you on this. The Witcher series has always been spectacular. The gameplay and the story. I'm looking forward to seeing and playing this game first hand. Just hope that they release it as soon as possible.

Listen I love Final Fantasy. But The Witcher 3 is something that you can't miss. It's mature, challenging, the story and gameplay are always getting better. It's a next-gen RPG by a studio that is always pushing the limits. I love this series and am bummed that this is the last game, but seriously it's a can't miss.

I agree final fantasy is the bomb. I have played final fantasy even in the older consoles. But still after seeing a lot of things about The Witcher 3, I've decided that I will get this game first. As of now, I'm still working on Forza. So if any of you have tried playing forza in Xbox One, please tell me if there are any cheats or bugs that I might take advantage of.

I would probably give this an 8 out of 10. I just saw the final fantasy 15 trailer and all I can say is if I am going to choose between the two, Obviously I will choose Final Fantasy. This game is good but compared to final fantasy, this is just a regular game. Either way, I would love to try this, but maybe I'll set this aside while waiting for Final Fantasy.

Have you tried this game? Is it worth my money and time. I'm actually looking for an RPG game that I would enjoy for hours. I'm a hardcore gamer so I need something enjoyable and worth my time. If you have any thoughts whether this game is good or not please reply to this post. Either way if you have any suggestions, please leave a message. Thanks in advance.

I'd say its more than worth it...

CD Projekt Red worked wonders with the Witcher 2. Starting with the dark story where the good and evil are not what they seem and ending with the gorgeous graphics and brilliant marketing - the game was a treat. With the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt the developers are turning the series into an open world game, and looking at the footage we already have, it's shaping as a great RPG. Now all I need is a powerful enough PC to properly run it :rolleyes:

It's pretty difficult to judge an RPG before playing it, but based on recent gameplay reveals, I can say that it's going to be worth our time. So yeah, I am really looking forward to it.

I didn't even think it was out yet, is it? But I'd say pick up Witcher 1&2 as they're quite story based, so you'll get a good feel for 3 from playing them.

Back