Xbox 360 IGN was right: Borderlands 2 GotY confirmed

Claptrap

And here's that confirmation we were waiting on. The Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition will see a North American release on October 8, 2013. Everywhere else gets it on Oct. 11. Unfortunately, it's not as complete as we would've liked -- a consequence of having so much damn DLC -- though there is a heck of a lot of stuff packed into this $59.99 package:

• Borderlands 2
  • Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
  • Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
  • Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
  • Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
  • Creature Slaughter Dome
  • Premiere Club Content:
  • Gaige, the Mechromancer
  • Gearbox Gun Pack
  • Golden Key
  • Vault Hunter's Relic
  • Krieg, the Psycho
  • Collector's Edition Heads and Skins
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1

I shudder to think about what kind of time investment it would take to burn through all of this.

Source: Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition out in October - Destructoid

its allot of good content .. if you just do story missions its not that bad... once you get to the dlc tiny tinas is bg the rest are a few hr play thru.

But of course they are right, they do this all the time and specially, they did the exact same thing with the previous game!
And that is why i am still thinking if i couldn't wait out for GTA V GOTY edition, it would be much more cheaper in the end.

Borderlands 2 is a great use of time from my perspective. You can have a bunch of your friends doing crazy things, looking for loot, using ridiculous weapons and the main antagonist of that game is hilarious! Not to mention there is a number of ways to play through the game so there is some replayability there. That can be argued because in Borderlands 1 taking on the beginning area would get boring and wasn't very dynamic. This game at least makes it seem much quicker to get to Sanctuary and really opens things up for you pretty quickly. The snow was a nice touch, no one wants to get greeted by a desert so often that it takes away the zing.

Borderlands 2 is a great game to play if you have friends to play with, I don't find it as enjoyable when playing alone or with internet randoms.
That said, that is just SO much content that it's a great deal irregardless.

i like internet randoms.. u just have to have the good stuff... as long as your not depending on randoms to keep you alive your good.

Well due to the fact that it was such a great game, i'm not surprised. I loved playing co-op with my friend, it was the highlight of my summer this year. There was so much good content in the game, i'll recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

I don't mind playing in a random game if my character is prepared for it. I'm not going to jump into a game of Borderlands and get DarkSoul'd! I usually have to have a character that is pretty well leveled up with some good gear, or a character that has a good build. I haven't had bad experiences with Randoms, but I do feel bad if I'm the one who is falling behind because I think its up to the person whose world you've jumped into, to determine what you do.

Back