Is it just me or are there fewer PC releases this year?

deathbyprayer

I don't know why but I think most of the games that are really must haves are always on the consoles nowadays. I can't even find a decent enough PC game that's not in line with the game roll call of major companies. Either I'm not looking at the right places or PC gaming is at it's slow days.

Hmm...I guess you're right, although that's been the case for a while now. It's better to spread out your games to all platforms, as you end up making more sales that way. Thus more money. There's still plently of games that come out exclusively for the PC, but not AAA games anymore

I can see how this is happening. Devs have been moving more and more towards consoles these days. Even when the games are available on the PC, they are usually just bad ports looking for quick cash-ins. I guess the PC gaming market isn't as big as it used to be.

I don't see it.. I've seen MORE previously unlike ports in the last few months than less to be honest.. Dark Souls 2, naruto fighters, and a few others.. Alot of japanese devs are starting to fear the PC LESS if anything.. I mean look at Tekken 7! It's coming out on PC! That's unheard of!

Hmm...I guess you're right, although that's been the case for a while now. It's better to spread out your games to all platforms, as you end up making more sales that way. Thus more money. There's still plently of games that come out exclusively for the PC, but not AAA games anymore

Yeah most of the releases are indie games which are good but not enough to be a must have for PC gamers. I mean, you'd think companies would release it more on PC's since it's technically more than capable of handling games better hardware-wise and PC's aren't tied to generations like consoles do. But I guess it's all about competition, but still, you'd think Microsoft would push it more.

Back