Xbox One Kinect stopped working - Kinect Unplugged status

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Hey guys, so we got out Xbox One Day One edition and the Kinect was working totally fine. All of the sudden today in the middle of my hubby playing Battlefield, the Kinect just stopped working mid-game. It was showing that the Kinect was unplugged up in the upper right hand corner of the dashboard. It wasn't unplugged, he tried turning the system off and back on, Unplugging and plugging everything back in, everything he could think of and nothing seemed to fix it. He did some research and it seems that this is affecting Day One systems for some reason, and not all of them at that.

He ended up calling Microsoft at 1-800-4MY-XBOX. They are sending a new Kinect out to us right away and we have to send ours back to them. So if this happens to you, just skip all of the troubleshooting and call Microsoft. This is a known issue and they will hook you up with a replacement ASAP!

Good call on that Microsoft. Since it is a known issue, it's best to just replace it. I just hope that when I get my own copy I won't have any issues. It's a hassle to have them change stuff all the time and a hassle for us since we paid for the service and we are not getting what we paid for. They still have lots of time to improve things.

Thanks for the info, I have a day one as well but no issues. Crosses fingers.

Thanks for the tip. I always freak out and instantly hit the web to try to find a solution, but I agree, Microsoft has been pretty good whenever I call. They are always helpful and even helped me out with a bullying case. I love my warranty and they sent me a brand new xbox instead of a refurbished one when my tray wasn't popping out on my 360.

Back