Xbox One Kingdom Hearts & Final Fantasy coming to the Xbox One

PB7

Former Administrator
Looks like Square Enix just confirmed at E3 that these great upcoming games are making their way to the Xbox One. Glad to see alot of developers are going multi-platform this Gen. Choice is always good. I don't know about you guys but i'm a huge Kingdom Hearts fan.

There's been a pretty big outcry from Sony fanboys who believed that these games were exclusives, even though Kingdom Hearts has been on Nintendo systems and Final Fantasy has been everywhere.

I really dislike the Xbone and I'm gonna get a PS4, but I don't see a problem with this. It's cool, Square is a third-party, they have no need for exclusivity. Plus, more people get to play these great-looking games, so that's cool too...

As someone who has always looked at the Kingdom Hearts games and been jealous...as I never had the console to play it on. I'm just stoked that the love is getting spread.

If my understanding of the game is correct there is a protagonist essentially romping through the worlds of Disney properties, encountering the characters of said properties. With the acquistion of Marvel and LucasFilms I'm prrreeetttttyyyy sure this installment will be killer. Granted they might not include anything from those properties altogether as it does take time to develop a game but I think that would be an awesome addition.

Also, do you all think I would need to play the first two to grasp the content of the third?

Man, I haven't played a Final Fantasy game since they were turn-based. Never really got into the series, but I'll think I'll give this a chance if it will be released for the PS4, which it probably will. Not sure about Kingdom Hearts though. I'm missing out on all the great games here.

That's really interesting, but I doubt that I'd play them for the Xbox One. It's not that I don't think they'd work well and all that, but I'm used to the controller interface as it works with those games, and I don't want to start crossing platforms. I don't mind console exclusives since I have both a 360 and a PS3, but I feel for people who have one or the other and long to play the other's exclusives. I just wish they had done this a long time ago when I only had one system, but better late than never.

I think the ship has sailed for me caring about either of these franchises anymore, personally. The gameplay of Final Fantasy looks like such a radical departure from the norm that I'm not interested, and the story of Kingdom Hearts has gotten so twisty that I can't be bothered to keep up with it anymore. I'm hoping for some good old fashioned JRPG fun, and not a glimmer of what used to be.

Well that's some good news for the Xbox One at least. Looks like they really got friendly with the Japanese devs and snatched up some very good games that Sony would no doubt prefer they stayed exclusive to the Playstation. First Metal Gear Solid V, now Kingdom Hearts! Final Fantasy doesn't really count since the last game came out for the 360 anyway, right?

It's a good start, but that price drop is just so solid that most of the games being on XBone doesn't matter anymore. If they had some solid games that were XBone exclusive aside from halo/Destiny that would make people justify picking up the console for the inflated price. But they don't, at least not to most. MLG players that play Halo will prob pick them up, I guess for most MLG players it will be a large chunk they need to bite into. Unless MLG swaps to PS.

This is not even all that surprising and in fact I expected this to happen, but I will admit I'm disappointed.

Disappointed in Sony, mind you. Their first party software just isn't strong enough on its own to keep their system afloat, even with the lower price. Sony really needed some considerable third party exclusives to help their console soar when it's released, especially if Microsoft is playing hardball with their moneyhat cannon. And with God of War and Gran Turismo having just released PS3 entries and their huge exclusive Uncharted on hiatus until at the east 2015, their biggest franchises might not be able to help them. Sony let the two biggest third party games they could've conceivably obtained slip through their grasp.

I also thought that KH3 would be an exclusive game for the PS4. Yes, it has been on Nintendo but that was for their handheld system. Don't care about it being cross platform though. It's really not that kind of game that defines a system. It's good, yes, but it does not transcend greatness. It's great news for the Xbox One though.

I don't actually know the other one but I am hoping that Final Fantasy is something I will like. It has been a while since I have played and for some reason I have been nostalgic lately. if this oldie but goodie comes through it might be something I can get others into as well.

Anyway, it had to happen sooner or later.
It was still beautiful exclusive to Sony. Final Fantasy ... I expected, but it surprises me for Kingdom Hearts!

It does not matter, because there will be more people who know the series .... But these same people can destroy the license in a few years.

The game does not happen for quite some time .... We can still wait ...

Woah, that's FANTASTIC news for us RPG fans. Those are two of the biggest RPG releases we're anticipating next-gen. If they can score Capcom's Deep Down as well, then RPG fans pretty much can look at just the XB1 for their fix.

All of the other games I'm looking for are multi-platform so I'm excited about the line-up coming out. Of course, this is Square Enix, so they'll actually have to COMMIT to a release date and not play the delay game.

not a big rpg player personally but its always good to hear microsoft getting big titles/third party developers on board.

for the people who may be upset with sony or the developer for going multiplatform and taking away from the ps4 market its not their fault. microsoft has no problem trowing money at developers on titles they want and exclusive content for games as well.

the kingdom hard title has caught my eye a few times.

Back