Xbox One Kinnect sports rival issue

Vortimous

From
New Orleans
I cant get this game demo to work with kinnect at all. I set up the kinnect multiple times, I even go threw the gesture tutorial with no problems doing all the movements, but when I start the game and the jet skis line up at the start line, it stops and says the kinnect is either blocked or needs to be recalibrated from the home page. I got into settings and set the white circle till it changes green, it sees my floor, and then does the mic calibration, but when I go back to the game, it wont let me do this. The Kinect works fine for other commands and sees me in the picture when I set up the kinnect. It even identifies it as me.

I am wondering if maybe the room I am in is too small to play this game. I only have about 6 feet of room from the kinnect to where I am. The room is small and there is not that much space due to a chair. When it shows the green spot in kinnect sports rivals that show where you are in the the cone of vision of the kinnect, it shows me as being close to the front I would say about an inch away in the tv screen worth of space on the cone. I am wondering if this is too close which is why it will not work. Was hoping to try this game out... but cant get it to work... even if I get against the wall by the chair, still nothing....

Any ideas?

I had that problem before. Is there anything else like a child or dog in the room? One of my larger dogs can mess up everything.

It was something near the ground that messed mine up.

Back