Xbox One Latest BF4 Graphics Comparison

Ag3nt1

85837_original.jpg86151_original.jpg86378_original.jpg

[video=youtube;lspjyu31Joo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lspjyu31Joo&feature=share&list=PLE196726F0 2565118[/video]

Not sure if somebody posted this yet, or if I posted this in the right section because to me this is News. This is seriously coming from my "honest" point of view, and I completely understand why play games to have fun. However, after all the Anti Xbox PR, and the HYPE of how the PS4 is 50% faster. These comparison pictures really shows me that the X1 has the hardware that many thought it wasn't going to dish out. If the PS4 is really 50% more powerful, then Sony really paid off the PR to make them shine, because from these pictures I am having a hard time believing it. X1 to me is much more crisp in graphics in what I see here, and it only makes me even more excited for the system. Can anybody else see the difference? Thoughts?

Source: MisterXMedia

Comparisons between consoles usually show differences in lighting and contrast, but not always quality. Yeah, they have different capabilities when you look closely, but it's not such a huge difference that you should prefer one over the other. I would only say a game is better for a certain system based on the genre. For example, a lot of people I've talked to prefer to play FPSs on the Xbox over PlayStation, but that doesn't mean there aren't people who like either one or who don't really care enough to make the comparison. I think it just comes down to personal taste.

Absolutely and I agree! What I was trying to post here is that since the reveal of both consoles, it's been all out war on the internet between the power of PS4 and X1. I can honestly say that all that Anti-Xbox PR and Articles that I have come across, things are now starting to show the truth, and that X1 can do a lot more than what people thought.

allot of shading can be manipulated with the tv as well. some project cleaner or brighter than others.. with different settings you can tweek how you like to view it..

if the compair is just live feed compair its just hard to know.. know if we seen a major latency or gliching on ps4 or xb1 it would be easier to catch but in a game line bf4 unless your running the same map same time its really going to be hard to pull the suttle differences

Multi platform comparisons won't do much justice as they are designed mainly the same or to the lowest common specs between the two consoles.

The top exclusives of the two consoles will yeld better comparisons as far as graphics and shadowing. Next month will awnser all of our questions I feel.

Absolutely and I agree! What I was trying to post here is that since the reveal of both consoles, it's been all out war on the internet between the power of PS4 and X1. I can honestly say that all that Anti-Xbox PR and Articles that I have come across, things are now starting to show the truth, and that X1 can do a lot more than what people thought.

I dont think its quite that serious. I try to follow the comparisons as well but to me theyre both great consoles and we as gamers win. I dont really know WHY people insist on getting into camps and creating these die hard alliances to a product that not only isnt free, but will only last for a few years.
However, sc_shark nailed it when he said alot can change based on tv settings. On my TV, the difference between the default settings, and the setting ive applied is phenomenal! I lose a tiny bit of sharpness with my settings but the colors are so much more realistic, which doesnt necessarily translate into more vivid. It looks like thats what they did in these comparisons. Brighter colors dont exactly mean more realistic...

I dont think its quite that serious. I try to follow the comparisons as well but to me theyre both great consoles and we as gamers win. I dont really know WHY people insist on getting into camps and creating these die hard alliances to a product that not only isnt free, but will only last for a few years.
However, sc_shark nailed it when he said alot can change based on tv settings. On my TV, the difference between the default settings, and the setting ive applied is phenomenal! I lose a tiny bit of sharpness with my settings but the colors are so much more realistic, which doesnt necessarily translate into more vivid. It looks like thats what they did in these comparisons. Brighter colors dont exactly mean more realistic...
Actually if you read/troll PS4 forums for fun like I do it is quite serious. Im on my mobile and can tell a slight difference. Nothing like the anti-XB1folks were saying. But for my sake,
the visuals usually wear off shortly after and I get into how the game plays.

Just a heads up everyone those comparisons were done with an unfinished Xbox one version.
Came from Johan andersson from repi
@digitalfoundry the AO on Xbox One was one of the fixes that didn't make it into the review copy but will be in day1, same tech as PS4/PC

If anyone has been jumping the gun on resolutions or stuff like that just need to be patient until day 1 patch of Xbox one as it appears a lot will change, when it comes to graphics.

Source twitter - https://mobile.twitter.com/repi/status/395138203075633152

Either way, I'm excited and the evening of the 21st will arguably (for me) be better than Christmas morning!
(for presents, Christmas enjoyment for me is all about the kids).

I am buying the Xbox one at launch , not the ps4 , and the xboxone version of BF 4 but the difference in resolution in both BF4 and COD is a huge blow to MS and speaks volumes for the difference in power between the 2 consoles. The damage control is stupid, we should just enjoy the many, even at launch, exclusives of the xboxone and not trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to proving console power .

I am buying the Xbox one at launch , not the ps4 , and the xboxone version of BF 4 but the difference in resolution in both BF4 and COD is a huge blow to MS and speaks volumes for the difference in power between the 2 consoles. The damage control is stupid, we should just enjoy the many, even at launch, exclusives of the xboxone and not trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to proving console power .

Agreed. Console warrior is garbage. The only time you should be comparing is to decide if you want to purchase the console or not. In the case of the Xbox One there is no doubt now that all the rumors about it not being as powerful is true. That's doesn't matter if the games are good. This resolution deal is a blow but mainly because the cheaper console plays the ports better. If it becomes the norm, like with Destiny then MS could be in trouble.

I think people skim over the fact that Sony cut by 40% their estimates for the upcoming quarter and also released a FAQ showing that many features they have been talking about will not be working day one. There is not even a single game coming out or in the upcoming future except the demo that uses the Sony camera right now.

MS and the Xbox One are in no trouble at all and at launch it will outsell the 360 by a large number.

I would bet that 100% of people would not notice what resolution games are it if not for the hype. Even at 720p upconverted, they are still leaps above what the 360 did. People seem to forget that and act like its a death blow when even if the "norm", games are still going to be way better than what we are currently used to. Also many like myself bought it just as much for the kinect control type features as for the games and that is always going to give the One an edge compared to any other gaming only machine.

Face it, if you really want the highest resolution and best image available for a game and its so important to you, a counsel is never going to be the way, the computer is.

Xbox consoles and games have always had the upperhand when it comes to graphics in my opinion. Nothing has really changed.

Xbox consoles and games have always had the upperhand when it comes to graphics in my opinion. Nothing has really changed.

Nothing has really changed? You do know that the PS3 had better hardware specifications than the Xbox 360 because of it being released later in the future than the 360? You also know that the BF4 comparisons show the difference in hardware power between the Xbox One and PS4? PS4 runs the game at a higher resolution than the Xbox One and does better at anti-aliasing to remove the ugly stair-case jagged lines. Not sure where you're coming from.

Nothing has really changed? You do know that the PS3 had better hardware specifications than the Xbox 360 because of it being released later in the future than the 360? You also know that the BF4 comparisons show the difference in hardware power between the Xbox One and PS4? PS4 runs the game at a higher resolution than the Xbox One and does better at anti-aliasing to remove the ugly stair-case jagged lines. Not sure where you're coming from.

Here's the thing... I've been a bit complacent in regards to commenting on the graphics comparisons between the PS4 and XB1. From what we've seen, I do see a bit of a difference between the two systems. However, if the PS4 is supposed to be sooo much better (specs-wise) than the XB1, why are we barely seeing a difference in graphics? To me, and correct me if I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time lol), their system doesn't seem any more powerful than the XB1. If I were Sony fans were smart, they'd be more disappointed in the system they are so crazy about.

J

Here's the thing... I've been a bit complacent in regards to commenting on the graphics comparisons between the PS4 and XB1. From what we've seen, I do see a bit of a difference between the two systems. However, if the PS4 is supposed to be sooo much better (specs-wise) than the XB1, why are we barely seeing a difference in graphics? To me, and correct me if I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time lol), their system doesn't seem any more powerful than the XB1. If I were Sony fans were smart, they'd be more disappointed in the system they are so crazy about.

J
U won't see much difference because its a Multiplatform Game! Comparisons are so similar u would really have to look hard to spot any significant difference and I'm sure u would be more into the game your playing rather than picking apart small bits of resolution.

Yes PS4 runs at nato full 1080 on this game and Xbox one runs nato 900 then is upscaled to 1080 big whoop. Its more or less a program issue they had and trying to vet everything ready before launch. It can very well be fixed with a patch as well. Everyone is jumping to conclusions way to fast. The specs on both systems are almost identical as well as multiplatform games are programmed to run almost the same as they counter partner. Exclusives will be where u will see the true resolution power of these machines. And again they are to close in specs for me to care which one has the graphical edge. Graphics Dont sell systems and if u Dont believe that just look in the past at the Atari 64 lol.

Trust me, don't read into it that much because your going to drive yourself insane with misinformation. A lot of these articles are to push False Facts around, and not explain the truth. The Xbox One is MORE then capable of pushing games out at 1080p. Look at the Wii U right now? They have more games at 1080p 60fps then both PS4 and X1 right now, with hardware that is not even close to X1 and PS4. The truth lies with the Game Devs, NOT MICROSOFT. These are the early stages and game devs have a learning curve to understand how to work with the hardware as we go. Don't make any assumptions at this point.

1) What people are forgetting:
Microsoft doesn't require game devs to run games in native 1080p

Why you ask? Here is why:

"A lower resolution generally means that there can be more quality per pixel. With a high quality scaler and anti-aliasing and render resolutions such as 720p or '900p', some games look better with more GPU processing going to each pixel than to the number of pixels; others look better at 1080p with less GPU processing per pixel."

http://www.oxm.co.uk/63388/why...

Awesome example is the IGN BF4 Graphics Comparison video I posted above:

http://youtu.be/lspjyu31Joo

2) Sony aiming for 1080p and 60 FPS with all PlayStation 4 games

http://ps4daily.com/2013/05/so...

With good common sense you can understand where this is going, but just incase your having a hard time, this is not leaving the Game Devs the same freedom. This is why BF4 on PS4 is 900p, and not 1080p. When we all know the PS4 is more then capable of running games at 1080p.

And as far as "THE POWER OF THE CLOUD" which A LOT of people don't understand or know about. I am hope that my post here will help you understand fully more of what the cloud is up too.

So in a short explanation:

The Cloud Service will give Xbox One 3X TIMES the performance. Some of you might find this hard to believe, but the Cloud Service is the equivalent of 3 Xbox One's at the same time for game devs to use in the "future", here is a link you should read to understand this further..

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xb...s-consoleEys-performance-report/1100-6408993/

The difference is very minimal. She sees almost no, but it is present.

We will not lie, the PS4 version is a little prettier thanks to 1080p (vs. 900p on Xbox) and less aliasing. ONe but the Xbox version has better lighting effects.
But it is so minimal that I place the "Xbox One" on the same level as the PS4 release.

The contrast of the Xbox One is surprisingly high. I heard that it is to hide some flaws. Nothing serious

So it used to look riende the best version, and play with your friends.

We will not lie, the PS4 version is a little prettier thanks to 1080p (vs. 900p on Xbox) and less aliasing.

Correction: PS4 is 900p & X1 is 720p. Plus it all about personal perception. I personally think the X1 looks better due to the more GPU detail were used per pixel by lowering the resolution.

Back