Xbox One List of Xbox720 games (rumored)

ZaneCloud

Former Moderator
From
South Africa
Website
titangaming.co.za
The Xbox 720, or Project Durango, has not been confirmed by Microsoft, but next-gen games have been confirmed in various manners by developers and other sources. Developers cannot explicitly say that their games are coming to the next Xbox, but they can hint at it with language like "other next-gen systems." This page contains a list of likely Xbox 720 games with sources for each.

Ryse
An anonymous source suggests that Ryse (the first-person Roman combat game first revealed in 2010) has been "re-worked into a next-generation game designed to be Microsoft's new Gears of War / Halo mega launch title.” The game is said to “take advantage of the new body tracking improvements in the next Kinect sensor.” [1]

Forza Motorsport 5
An anonymous source suggests that a new entry in the Forza series with "super life-like graphics" will be a launch title on the next Xbox. [2] Job listings also suggested in 2012 that a next-gen version was in the works.

Halo 5
Before the release of Halo 4, 343 Industries confirmed that it was the first part of a new Halo trilogy. In 2012, 343 job listings were posted “to help create the current and next generation of game visuals in the Halo universe.”

Destiny
Destiny is confirmed for "the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, as well as other future console platforms", which presumably means the next Xbox and PlayStation 4.

Call of Duty: Ghosts
Developer Infinity Ward posted a job listing on its site calling for a senior animator with "interest in working with next-generation technologies." [7] The game is rumored to be called Ghosts.

Dragon Age III: Inquisition
Despite being announced by BioWare for a release in 2013, the resume of an EA Shanghai level designer suggested that the "scope" of the game has changed and that it "will be postponed to 2014" and "target next gen platforms."

The Evil Within
The newest game from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami was announced by Bethesda for a 2014 release on "next-generation consoles," [10]

Next-Gen Family Game
An anonymous source suggested that the next Xbox will launch with “a family game set on an island with Pixar movie-style graphics” that “will utilize Kinect to scan a body and generate a virtual character in the game.”

Thief
Square-Enix's reboot of Thief was announced for PlayStation 4 "and other next-gen platforms" for release in 2014.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Witcher 3 was officially announced by CD Projekt RED for release in 2014 and is set to target "all top of the line consoles and PC." It was advertised as "a next generation RPG."

Next-Gen Zombie Game
An anonymous source suggested that the next Xbox will launch with "a zombie game," which has caused some to speculate that it could be Dead Rising 3.

Rainbow 6: Patriots
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said Rainbow 6: Patriots is still in development and "there's a good chance it can be” pushed to next-generation consoles.

Mafia III
Rumors suggest that Mafia III is in development at 2K Czech and was delayed in order to shift to next-generation consoles. [16]

Doom 4
Bethesda confirmed that an early version of Doom 4 "did not exhibit the quality and excitement that Id and Bethesda intend to deliver and that Doom fans worldwide expect" and was canceled in favor of a new one. Rumors suggest that the game is targeting next-generation consoles and that a planned sequel to Rage was canceled in order to add more members to the Doom 4 development team.

Watch Dogs
While the game has been confirmed for PC, PS3, PS4, Wii U and 360, leaked marketing materials say it's coming this holiday to "all home consoles." This would imply the next Xbox.

Ready at Dawn Next-Gen Game
The developers of the God of War PSP games are developing "an exciting new AAA IP for a Next-Generation home console game system."

Next-Gen Sonic Game
Sega notes that Sonic "won't become photo-real" in next-gen games and that he "will always remain stylized and will have that bright, colorful world. What the high hardware spec will allow us to do is make that more convincing."

Square-Enix "Luminous" Games
Square-Enix is showing off its "Luminous" tech engine, capable of highly realistic next-gen graphics. Luminous will make games 30% cheaper and shorten development cycles.

Crytek Next-Gen Game
Perhaps Homefront 2 or TimeSplitters 4? Crytek was the company that originally outed the Xbox 720's Durango codename.

Lionhead Studios Next-Gen Game
The studio (sans Molyneux) has been on the lookout for programmers with experience using the Unreal Engine, and "significant experience leading teams designing and implementing modern rendering engine." Example given is DirectX11, which is rumored to be compatible with the Xbox 360's successor.

Remedy 'Future-Gen' Game
Alan Wake developer Remedy posted on its community forums that it is hiring more than 20 people for work on a game for "future generation consoles."

Source: http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-720/List_of_Xbox_720_Games

Doesn't really look like there's enough interesting exclusives to me. But it's OK, the thing hasn't even been officially revealed, so yeah... but most games on the list say "nextgen platforms" instead of just "next Xbox", heheh.

Ryse:
Sounded good until the Kinect part.

Forza Motorsport 5
It's Forza! How can they go wrong with it?

Halo 5
It's Halo! How can they go wrong with it?

The Evil Within
Really excited for this, especially because of the person directing it.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
I don't even need to see it, i already know that it is going to be GOTY material!

Next-Gen Zombie Game
Please let it be Dead Rising 3! It would be the best thing that Microsoft could decided to do for a new release!

Watch Dogs
Seems promising enough, but will it differentiate that much from the current generation of consoles?

Next-Gen Sonic Game
"Sonic Generations 2: Now with the double amount of content", they can't go wrong with that!

Sounds good, let's hope for some more news in the upcoming months!

The only game on that list that looks like anything I would want to play is the new Halo 5. None of the other games seem to scream grab me off the shelf and worship me. I have played halo before. All the way back to when the first Halo game came out. Fantastic Series, How could they go wrong?

Watch Dogs looks amazing. I've seen the graphics from a magazine and it looks stunning. Of course those graphics are not set in stone, but if it's going to look anything like what I've seen, wow can't wait. Resident Evil is going to be amazing also, but I'm really hyped to see the first batch of 720 games in general.

Halo 5 has to be in the list doesn't it? Anyway call of duty ghosts?? I hope its good and the xbox 720 should have Fifa or else that would put me off as well as gta v. Those games have to be there or people like me would not be interested in xbox 720.

Yeah, ok! but these games will be launched months later after the new xbox release, so there's really no reason to rush into buying the new console. Would be really interesting to see what they release right after the console launch.

Yeah, ok! but these games will be launched months later after the new xbox release, so there's really no reason to rush into buying the new console. Would be really interesting to see what they release right after the console launch.
True, we need to see the launch titles... I bet the launch titles won't be that great, though. Launch lineups are usually fairly lame.

I would like to see Halo 5. That would be nice to see the series re-mastered at a later date. Seeing a re-release of Halo and Halo 2 for the 720 with better graphics would make some moola for 343!

I am dieing to play Halo 5. It is one of my favorite games and Microsoft needs to release new versions more often. Other than that I am looking forward to Call of Duty, Doom and Mafia III; I'm sure these games will offer amazing gameplay on 720.

I'm not familiar with these game titles, but they sure sound exciting. I'm very excited for the 720!
Hopefully it's not a piece of trash.

Theres Halo 5 and Cod:Ghosts, this is good news to me. I hope theyll really release it.

I am also keeping an eye on Doom 4.

In that list all that caught my eye was Thief. Absolutely loved that game ''back in the day''. So glad they are making a new one.
Hopefully they stick to the old ways and keep the stealth gameplay amazing.
Also one that I didn't see on the list but has been announced is Splinter Cell. Another stealth game that I will be playing for a very long time. The multi-player looks amazing and I kinda hope that Thief makes a similar approach.

So the Remedy game was shown during the Xbox One reveal and it will be called Quantum Break. The game looks very interesting. All we saw was a mother and daughter fleeing their home in fear. The mother asks the daughter about her abilities, and we find out the daughter is some sort of See-er who can glimpse either future events or events happening elsewhere. We are then teleported to a new place as the daughter sees a massive cargo ship slam into a huge suspension bridge,pulling it apart through the middle as cars line the top of the bridge. The scene had extraordinary detail throughout, much more akin to what the top PC's can do than to what we see on Consoles. Without a doubt that game will be more advanced garphically than any console game has ever been before. I am anxious to see what type of game that will be. Like what will the gameplay be like? Will the girl use her mind like the force to try and stop events? Or will there be a Max Payne or Booker DeWitt type character who finds and protects the girl? We really know nothing about this game, other than it is graphically amazing.

Back