Live account banned permanently for no reason, HELP please!

Gunman708

My 10 year old son's account was banned Christmas Eve (was so much fun watching a kid open new games that he couldn't play)! This is the email I received Christmas Eve:
This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to modification of your gamertag or other profile data.

These modifications may include, but are not limited to:
•Altering the appearance of your gamertag or avatar
•Illegitimate gain of achievements or avatar awards
•Application of watermarks or other special identifiers that were not legitimately granted
•Unauthorized manipulation of in-game parameters

Your conduct was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through complaints filed by other Xbox LIVE users or in the course of our operation of the service. The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding your conduct and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because your conduct is in violation, the LIVE Enforcement Team has issued a permanent suspension.

During your suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will not be reinstated.

Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension.

My son does not know how to modify or alter any of these things, so the ban is not legitimate, but the account is suspended. I spent 4 hours on Christmas Day trying to get this straightened out, and was told it was a billing problem so I was transferred to billing which never answered. Today I called support again, and made the customer care person look into the account in depth and she said it had nothing to do with billing, that I was on auto pay with paypal and that it was received. She helped me set up a temporary account and transferred me to billing to change over my payment details from banned account. (Still on hold to India right now after almost an hour).
She was unable to tell me whether points that we have purchased or games, etc would be transferred.

I want to know how to get this straightened out because my son has logged many hours playing his games, gaining points, added purchased points, etc. to his account and now it is all gone. Like I said before, my son is not capable of doing the things the ban states, so I need help in resolving this, because either someone hacked his account, or he was unfairly targeted by gamers in rooms.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can offer!

My son's banned gamer tag is Gunman708
his new gamer tag is SnowingSpy44

I wish we could help. We aren't affiliated with Microsoft-we're just an independent Xbox community, so unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do. Good luck getting it figured out! Let us know what happened!

Give Microsoft a call and see talk to one of their live support call center. United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico: 1-800-469-9269 or 1-800-4MY-XBOX. Their very good at resolving issues. Its the best advice i can give since it's usually so much better when you can talk to someone instead of waiting for an email or support request. Def let us know how it worked out for you.

The quickest and most efficient way to fix this WOULD be contacting Microsoft and just explaining to them what happened. Hopefully your son can play soon cause we don't want anyone sad on Christmas and New Year!

Wow, that just sucks. And to think that this happened to a child on Christmas Eve is just awful. I'd say give Microsoft a ring and explain your current situation. As long as you stay calm and cooperative I'm sure you'll get this resolved.

how do you know he didn`t do anything with a USB stick? he could have followed a tutorial on youtube to alter his gamertag?

you never know, it could also just be kids reporting him cause hes little.

Try calling them, but usually when you get banned there is no way to undo it. Sorry :(

Is there any reason they could ban someone because of age? I'm not sure if there's any rules, but I know many sites require you to be 13 at a minimum. If he said in a chat that he's 10, maybe it doesn't agree with their TOS.

That's Microsoft for you. They put all their effort into getting your money, but almost none into actually ensuring your experience is a good one. This has happened to quite a few people. It's easier to just make him a new account.

There's always more to the story other than just what the people who get banned are saying. Microsoft does an excellent job of keeping Xbox LIVE clean and free of cheaters and those who try to abuse the system.

Back