Xbox One live video feed

Ludumira

From
Liverpool, UK
Sorry if there is already a thread for this but I wasnt sure of what the programme was called and so didnt know what I was actually looking for.

At the E3 demo, while playing Killer Instinct, they seemed to switch on a live feed of the final fight to a site where people were watching. Now im wondering if anyone was aware of what this was and how it may work please.

Yeh think that was the name. Just wondering if anyone was aware of how it worked, whether it was a free thing or premium subscription

A Twitch account is free. I'm not sure of all the details, but both PS 4 and Xbox One are going to have the ability to stream a feed live. That's becoming a bit of a big business and people are enjoying watching their favorite players or funny people play through their game. Just because the console streams though, doesn't mean you're able to make a well produced stream that people will enjoy. You'll need a good mic and followers for one. Another thing is that, its not so much the live streaming that I think will take the world, but rather the video out capabilities of the recording. You can have your entire session and push it it out to the internet. Pretty neat.

A Twitch account is free. I'm not sure of all the details, but both PS 4 and Xbox One are going to have the ability to stream a feed live. That's becoming a bit of a big business and people are enjoying watching their favorite players or funny people play through their game. Just because the console streams though, doesn't mean you're able to make a well produced stream that people will enjoy. You'll need a good mic and followers for one. Another thing is that, its not so much the live streaming that I think will take the world, but rather the video out capabilities of the recording. You can have your entire session and push it it out to the internet. Pretty neat.

Sounds good. Used to have a FIFA club and that feature would've been great back then. Also good being able to see unedited, unscripted gameplay video of someone they know playing it to determine whether it would be worth a purchase.

I think that its actually going to open up the ability to become a game tester easier as well. With the console you'll be able to illustrate bugs and issues to the designer without needing your own recording hardware. A good set of recording hardware is around $150 so its not cheap. I can't wait for it honestly. I love Dark Souls (go check out that forum on this site, we're adding to it as my play through continues!) and it would be great to push that video out in an easy and focused manner.

Now everyone and their brothers and sisters will be doing Let's Plays! Just kidding, they aren't all that bad, I've watched a few to help me determine whether a game was worth a try, and this feature makes it all the easier. The thought of the volume of live feeds that will go out of the network and onto the internet is a bit off-putting, there will surely be a lot of junk, so I'm bracing myself. I love the idea, though, I may want to try it out once the details are clearer.

Back